Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another 20 hours later...

We're home!   It's good to be home.
g
While in FL we were privileged to meet some great people! One family in particular only lives about 45 minutes away from us!! Gwen - thanks for praying - we made it home safely! :)
f
I have to say the drive home was not as lovely as the drive down to Florida.  After a great week in the sun, we drove home through rain, sleet, and yes snow! We were all also a bit more crabby, can you imagine that?!  
f
We also seemed to stop at all of the dingy, dirty, and disgusting gas station bathrooms along the way!  At one point we stopped at one that literally had bars on the windows of the station.  
g
Clint went in first to use the restroom and when he came back out, he said it was the worst one yet.  He literally couldn't step foot into the bathroom for fear of getting unwanted substances on his shoes.  
g
((shutter))
f
We moved on quite quickly from that one.
k
It was then that we found a gas station that had CLEAN bathrooms.  The smell of Clorox bleach wafted through the air!  Paige actually shouted from the stall - it smells SO good in here!! :)
g
As we left we thanked the lady at the counter for keeping the bathrooms in top notch shape!
f
We also had a lovely incident at an Arby's along the way.  Raegan was swinging a straw around in the air while we waited for our food and Paige unfortunately walked in her way and got poked in the eye by the straw!!
d
She started sobbing (understandable so) and then Raegan lost it.  I tried rushing them both to the bathroom but my sudden exit didn't bode well with my son.  So in a matter of seconds all three of my beloved children were bawling!  They were loud and I, well I was mad!
g
So we quickly rushed out of there!
f
It was then that Clint and I looked at each other and said, this isn't going so well!
j
The last 10 hours proved better than the first and finally we pulled into our driveway.  I asked the kids if anyone wanted to turn around and drive back to Florida to which Hudson enthusiastically shouted, "I DO!!!"   Yeah right, Hud. 
f
Well I hope you all have a very nice day, my friends!
j
And here's a few more of my favorite photos from the week.


A very cold Raegan by the pool.
Paige read and read this week!  I loved seeing that.



6 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

looks like such a fun vaca!! how sad to come home to that white stuff! hopefully, it will melt quick!

Jill said...

Welcome back! Great pictures, it looks like you all had fun!

Love, Jill

Jill said...

Welcome back! Great pictures, it looks like you all had fun!

Love, Jill

Kristy said...

Welcome back, guys! Rae looks SO grown up in that 2nd to last pic! Glad you had a good trip :)

On Purpose said...

Glad you are home safe! I know you know this...but it has to be said again...those are some adorable kiddos! Love to you!

Kristy said...

Such cute pics. You know, it's funny. Lately our vacations have been... a lot of work. Our boys are not at ideal traveling ages. I looked at your pics from earlier in the week and told Ben "Clint and Jami's family looks so nice. Their kids seem to be really enjoying themselves. Maybe soon our family will be able to enjoy vacations." Funny to see the reality of your car-ride home. Guess it's never perfect, eh? The good thing is the pics look so great that that's what you'll remember is the good memories. Glad you're home.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin