Last night Raegan, dear dear Raegan woke me up at 12ish and then again after 2am. From about 2:00 to 5:30am I don't think I slept much AT ALL.
Mainly because I was thinking.
Thinking about my baby who I have yet to meet.
I have to say that my arms are starting to ache for my babe. Last week my little nephew (4 mo. old) and his fam came to stay at our house for 2 nights. I absolutely delighted in holding him. He is completely precious.
But it also made me realize how I can't wait to hold MY baby.
The other night we saw a show where an African American women gave birth and then gave her baby to the adoptive family. That obviously hit home.
I've been up two nights in a row (with Raegan - not sure why) and I'm starting to think, this is what it's going to feel like with a newborn again!
I have so many questions:
Who is our child?
Is our baby a boy or a girl?
Is he/she born yet?
How is his/her birthmom doing?
Will we meet our birthmom?
When will this happen?
How will the bonding process go?
Will our baby be fussy - will he/she calm immediately in my arms?
How is this crazy, wonderful, amazing thing of adoption going to play out this time around?
How thankful I am that I am in relationship with Jesus Christ - the one who knows all the answers and so much more!! I find immense comfort in this.
But I'm starting to feel that deep longing in my heart to just know, hold, love my child.
Truly - this process has been much less emotional (thus far) because we don't know who are child is yet. With Hudson - we watched him grow for 10 months from a distance. That was painful, yet I wouldn't change a thing - that time was so refining in my life - God knows what we need.
But now that I know that the time COULD be near - I'm feeling those emotions kick in more.
But I have some fears too. Fear of the unknown - how is it going to be adding #4.
Life is busy (good but busy) how will I adjust? Lack of sleep isn't very flattering on me...how will that be? I haven't had a baby for over 4 years. Hudson was 10 months old when he came home so we really just picked up and kept on going with life. (I should have stopped but didn't and that wasn't healthy either).
I do plan to do things differently this time. I'm taking 2 weeks off - no teaching, no babysitting, just getting to know and enjoy my baby!!
Soon, we'll be going back to bottles, diaper bags, infant car seats, formula, more diapers, oh my!
But I'm ready (I think) and incredibly excited (I know) to start all of this over again.
Until God says it's time - I will continue to wait, trusting that HE knows best. He has the perfect plan, of this I am certain. He taught me that through our last adoption process. God is GOOD and He is worthy to be trusted! Praise Him!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
As we wait...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You know, just maybe, Raegan is waking up at night to condition you for the new little one. You never know:)
Love, Mom
Waiting in anticipation with you!
Jami,
Adoption is such a precious gift & each story is unique!! Jami I can relate to your feelings....what an amazing gift God has given to us to form our families. I am not sure I told you but we are anxiously awaiting word whether we are going to be able to adopt our two foster sons. We will know the beginning of June. Dan & I continue to pray for you & Clint. Keep shining for Jesus, Linda
I know I am not as excited as you, but I am excited to see who your child is and what his/her story is. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!
My friend sent me this link and even though her situation (singleness), your situation (waiting for your adopted child), and me (waiting to see if God blesses us with a baby of our own) are all different this post just really is an awesome way to look at situations.
http://www.boundlessline.org/2009/03/wax-on-wax-off.html
So, I say, "wax on, wax off!"
Blessings friend!
How would we survive without our faith in God? I'm so excited for you and am thankful we can join you in this journey!!
Isn't wonderful how God gives us feelings - the ache for your babe, the longing to know him/her and even the fear to keep our hearts turned to Him with attention to prayer.
We are very excited to see who God places in your family and trusting Him to do great and mighty things through this adoption as He recieves all the glory for it!! I think you are so wise to take some time off to bond with your baby - you can never get that time back and it is so important for the baby too!
I remember walking through the mall before we got Hope and just feeling (literally a physical feeling) this little "thrill" in my stomach as I saw darling, little AA girls - I know how you are feeling ;-) Andy and I were just commenting on how much more we notice different races and their individual beauty, it is really awesome to see God's handiwork!
Sorry this is so long.
Love ya, Jill
I had butterflies reading your post. I'm excited to see "who" God had in store for you. Marie
Post a Comment