Tuesday, May 25, 2010

At the Grocery Store

She's the best cashier at Aldi's! Not only does she get the job done very well, she is so kind. She teases my kids as they wait for me to pay, she offers kind words to everyone who goes through her line. Though I don't even know her name, I have always appreciated her.


Yesterday, I was out grocery shopping a. l. o. n. e. Ah, it was lovely....

Can we just soak that in a minute?

Okay, moving on!

I purchased my items and because there was no one in line behind me, this cashier hopped up and went back to stocking shelves. As I was getting ready to leave, the Lord whispered something to my heart.

Encourage her. Tell her how much you appreciate her.

She was a short distance away from me but not close enough for me to talk to her without raising my voice and I thought, "Okay Lord if she comes closer, I'll go say something to her."

He immediately convicted me of my selfishness and I knew He was saying Are you serious? You're not going to be even a little inconvenienced?

Realizing how right He was I parked my cart, walked over to her and said, "I just want to tell you that you do a great job! I really appreciate it."

Her eyes glossed over with tears as she thanked me and then she gave me a hug!

I know how much I appreciate words of encouragement and I am thankful the Lord helped me to encourage her that day.

It's so easy to overlook the small everyday opportunities where we can be Jesus to someone. Lord give me Your eyes to see others the way You see them! You are Amazing!!



5 comments:

On Purpose said...

Way to go Jami...and thanks for the reminder that sometimes we have to be willing to be incoveinced!!

Flamingo said...

that is awesome Jami!! btw, have you read, "The Reason we Speak?" I thought of you today...it's a great devotional!

Anonymous said...

You must have had great parents who trained you to be so sensitive to the Spirit

Jim Diamond

Ashley Baner said...

The crazy part is, I think I know who you are talking about!! There are several great ones actually. They always tease my kids and laugh with me. Who knew Aldi could be so fun!:)

Jill said...

Awww, that is great! I am curious which one "she" is. I love those Aldi gals! Good job being obedient! "He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed!" (somewhere in proverbs)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin