The other day I joined LM and BB's parents at a Dr.'s appointment. While sitting in the waiting room I had a discussion with their dad.
He deals with a lot of pain in his feet and needs surgery but due to circumstances, surgery isn't really an option for him right now. I was really feeling for him and just said, "Wow, that is so hard. It's so hard."
He looked at me not with a look of judgment but rather of sadness and defeat and said, "Ma'am, everything in my life is hard. You just have no idea."
He's right. I have no idea. I have been so blessed. I have always been loved and cared for. I have so many people around me supporting me and walking with me through life. It's almost ridiculous really -but I'm so thankful.
I doubt he has ever had someone look at him in the eyes and say, "You are loved. You are significant. God has an incredible plan for your life."
That day, I just wanted to give him a big hug and say, there is so much more for you! There is HOPE! But, I didn't quite feel a hug would be all that appropriate! :) Anyway...
So instead I asked "Can I pray for your feet? Would it be okay if Clint and I prayed for your feet?"
He was very appreciative. :) But truly my prayers will go much deeper than that. I am praying for total transformation. Oh how they need Jesus. Oh how I need Jesus!
Will you join me in praying for LM and BB's parents, "B" and "D?"
Monday, May 3, 2010
A Hard Life
Labels: our foster care journey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I will pray for them.
We will pray, too!
will pray here at the Harris Household!
OH! How I pray that people catch the vision to pray for the 'orphans' AND their birth families. God has put those boys into your life so you can speak truth and love into their birth family!
The Beaty Bunch will pray!
i will be praying also jami!!!
Dear Jesus it SO excites me and flames up passion when I visit Jami and get the updates and peek at their journey...thank You Lord for Jami and Clint and their obedience to You...and obedience that is leading people to Your heart. I pray for them and know You are filling them with ALL that is needed on this journey. I pray for the parents of these two sweet little boys...created in Your image God...loved adored and have a purposeful life plan written by You...may they be willing to be loved on...and accepting hear that plan and step out in faith to live it out! We love You Lord, Amen!
Post a Comment