The school year officially wrapped up today. That is just crazy!
Award day is a tradition at our school and Paige's first grade awards were this past Monday. Clint came home from work to feed the other kids their lunch so I could go and attend the award ceremony. He's a good man, yes he is!
I got there a little later than I had intended so the children were already seated and the principal was giving introductions but I spotted Paige right away. Oh, she looked so cute sitting there with her little first grade friends!
But I soon realized she was quite unsettled. She was looking for me and couldn't find me. I was standing off to the side so when she looked behind her to where the other parents were sitting, I wasn't there. Back and forth she turned her head and I tried inching closer, hoping she would look my way. After a few seconds of searching, her expression changed. I could tell she was starting to feel desperate which made me so sad.
But then, she saw me.
Her eyes lit up and she gave me a huge smile. She excitedly tapped her friend on the shoulder and showed her friend that her mommy was here!

It was such a sweet moment!
As she walked up to receive each award, she smiled proudly and again looked to me for affirmation. I of course clapped loudly, gave her thumbs up and took plenty of pictures!

Way to go Paige!
I love that my children find security and joy in my presence. I want nothing less. But oh how I pray that they will find their ultimate security and joy in Jesus. When I can't be there. When I'm not around, He will be, He is there for them.
I often tell my kids that when I'm happy, sad, or even frustrated with them that "I love you, always and forever."
I often tell my kids that when I'm happy, sad, or even frustrated with them that "I love you, always and forever."
And yet God loves them even more! He created them for a specific purpose and it's when they turn to Him with open arms and an obedient heart, when they realize that their hope and security comes from Him alone, they will be able to LIVE the life He created them to live and nothing can top the JOY in that!!
That is what I want for my kids. That is what the Lord wants for all His children.
Amen? Amen!


5 comments:
Thanks for such a great reminder of how important it is to be there for my babes! I appreciate your heart, Jami.
I love this and so needed it today. What a blessing and a great reminder for a tired mommy (me).
Amen!
way to go paige! and jami...you are an incredible mama....such a great example to the other mamas in your life ;)
Jami I really love this post. I really love being a mom and I sense that in you too. True, honest and genuine love in being a wife, mother and nuturing your family. I love knowing my son can see and feel the priority he is in my life at all times. Sometimes society tries to make us doubt the priority we've made our family. Thank you for sharing posts like this that affirm what we know the Lord has called us to.
Post a Comment