Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Slumber Party in the Middle of the Day!

All I gotta say is MY MAN ROCKS!!

I took the kids on a walk to the park before Clint came home and let's just say it didn't end well. I was so relieved when I saw Clint's car pulling in our drive.

At dinner, it seemed everybody was talking at once and all wanted my attention. My man looked at me and said, "Why don't you take a break and go do something alone for an hour."

Are you kidding me? Seriously?!! I was so excited! I grabbed my book and headed out to Borders to get some quiet time.

Giddy with excitement, I headed into Borders and then the thought occurred to me, "There is only one thing that would make this even more fun. A friend!" And so I called one of my dearest friends, Kristy and asked her if she wanted to meet me.

Amazingly, a total God thing I do believe, her husband was taking their kids out with him and giving her an hour of alone time too. She didn't have to think long and said "I'm coming right over!"

We got coffee's, sat in the cafe' and laughed and laughed and talked and laughed some more. It was absolutely what we needed and SO MUCH FUN! I am a new woman! :)

We were just simply giddy and it really did feel like a slumber party in the middle of the day!

Of course the hour came and went and ended much to soon but I came back so very renewed. Oh the blessing of a dear friend!

So a huge thanks to my amazing man! I have so very much to be thankful for!

2 comments:

Sissy said...

I love an hour in a bookstore!

Leslie Ringger said...

aw, how fun! you've got a good man, girl. a good man indeed :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin