Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Different Kind of Waiting

I am sitting in my sanctuary, my front porch, just soaking in this day. I hear a lawn mower running down the street, I feel a gentle breeze, and all else is quiet and simply lovely!

This is my space to breathe. I will miss my front porch when we move but I'm sure our new back deck will take it's place. I have had so many talks with God here. He meets me here everyday. Of course, He meets me when I'm running around my kitchen, driving down the street, and just doing life but my sanctuary is the place where I can just simply stop and enjoy His presence.

From my front porch I also see the "For Sale" sign sitting in our yard. We put it up a few weeks ago and though we've had some people through our home, no offers...yet.

Though this season of waiting is different than the other times of waiting in our lives, I am still experiencing some of the same things. Basically no matter if you're waiting on a baby or a house to sell, though the end result is infinitely different, it's about complete dependence on God.

I can't make this house sell though I can try to carry the burden of it. I can allow my mind to dwell on the "what if's" and envision the worst possible scenarios. I can become so anal with keeping the place perfectly clean that I become more of a monster mommy than the one God calls me to be and let me tell you, I have found myself doing all of the above.

But today as I sat with Him in my sanctuary, He spoke to me again. Come to me with ALL of your burdens. Give me your worries and fears. Trust Me and LET GO. Guard your mind. Relax. Let me invade Your heart and mind with peace. Let ME deal with the house situation. Let GO. Trust. Breathe.

You know, letting go takes faith. Faith to believe God is who He says He is. Trusting to believe that He has got it all under control. Lord give me more and more faith.

It all comes down to my choice. I can let go and trust which brings peace, contentment, joy and takes the focus off of me or I can worry, fret, and stress but that just is no good for anyone. I can't make this house sell but I can fall into the ever capable arms of my Savior and that is what I'm going to do.

How about you?

5 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Oh Jami,

I needed this. Thank you, thank you for the reminder.

megs @ whadusay said...

Yep, I'm learning/re-learning the same thing!

Taunya said...

Waiting never gets easy! I am praying your house will sell.

Leah said...

I was just going to say exactly what Sarah said!

This is a post I so relate to right now with us selling our house, buying a new house, not coming out money wise how we thought, me having to leave work/loss of pay sooner than we expected, and having a child in NICU arriving 10 weeks early. It has all been a lot to swallow and has been a true test of faith and trust.

Praying just the right family walks through your door and feels a love for your house that you have had.

Hugs,
Leah

Gina said...

The past 15 months I've watched the mental health of my husband significantly deteriorate-along side a chronic disability he's had for the past 23 years.

I can personally attest to the peace the Lord can bring you at what is seemingly the worst this world can hand you.

Praise Jesus.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin