My new little guys, my foster sons are just sweet, sweet, sweet! They love to be held, cuddled, kissed, and loved.
One night I was rubbing smelly good lotion of Hudson's face; he squirmed and whined and couldn't wait for me to be done. When I put the lotion of LM's face, his reaction was much different. As I rubbed lotion over his face, he tipped his head back and smiled with delight, loving every second.
My man soaked it in, quite literally!
LM's eyes light up when I sing to him, when I speak "I love you's" to him, and when I encourage and affirm him. These are all very normal reactions but it makes me wonder how much of this he got before. In his short 3 years of life, he has been through so much. I don't know all of the details and obviously can't share those things but I do wonder what goes on in his sweet mind sometimes.
I don't know how long we'll have LM and BB in our home but while they are here, they are family. And really, they will always be family to us. I ask the Lord to give me supernatural love and sacrificial love and because of His strength, we can love them like they are ours and at the same time, we know that they are not. As much as I would like to be, I am not their mommy. I am their foster mama and I have to remember that.
On the other hand, I know that there can be no balance, no holding back, no guarding my heart. I just have to love them completely and trust their hearts and my heart to our Great and Merciful God.
Praise Him!
On another note:
Tomorrow, we're having a prayer vigil for National Foster Care Month. If you live in our area, we would love to have you join us at Grace Church at 7pm. Email me for more details if you're interested.
Happy Monday dear friends!!
Monday, May 17, 2010
The Power of Touch
Labels: our foster care journey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Jami, it is so cool to hear of the boys' response to your touch. So very important. I know you do not want glory for you or Clint (all glory to Him for the love you feel) but I so admire you being Jesus "hands and feet" to these precious ones. May God continue to bless you!
I considered coming to the prayer vigil but Andy is traveling so I thought the kids and I will pray at home. If there is specific requests or format, I would love to know. I don't want to make more work for you so I don't know if there is anything online or I can talk to you at bible study tomorrow.
Love ya!
Post a Comment