You would think that adding 2 children to our family would be enough change for awhile. Well, nope - I guess not.
Here's the deal:
We are moving.
Yes, that's what I said. Moving! It all happened rather quickly. Like in a week. And now our house in on the market. In fact, it had it's first showing today!
So, here's the rundown.
We've been casually looking for a home with a little more square footage.
Our aunt, who is also a realtor told us about a home in our favorite area of town.
On Monday night, we took a look.
We took a second look on Tuesday.
After lots of prayer, we made a rather low offer on Tuesday evening which, and I quote "shocked and flabbergasted" the owner!
Oops! :)
After a bit of negotiation and lots and lots of prayer, we made a final offer and they accepted it on Wednesday night at around 6pm.
And now our house is on the market as of Wednesday night around 7pm.
Of course our house was a complete mess and so I ran out to get Starbucks for the man and me because we were going to have a long night ahead of us!
Found out some of my dear friends were doing a bit of socializing there and so I chatted a bit and as I left my dear, sweet, wonderful (should I stop, Kristy?!) friend asked if she could come help us clean.
Seriously?!
And so we worked. And talked. And laughed. And worked. At 12:30a.m. she left. 12:30!
And then Clint and I worked a little bit more until around 2:30am.
And then we went to bed.
And now here we are. A crazy couple trying to love on and care for 5 kiddos AND keep a house SELL ready at all times. Why do we do these things I ask you?
It's because we're just a little nutty in the head, I think!
Maybe so but we're also excited to move to a home where we have even more opportunity to serve children. More opportunity to grow as the Lord leads us to. But with the excitement also comes sadness.
This has been our home for 5 years. We have always LOVED our home. We thought we'd be here forever. Honestly, we had no intention of leaving. But, we never expected to have 5 (or more) children either. We never thought we'd be fostering. And we feel that God has opened this door for us and so we walk through it.
I get really excited when I think we get to be advocates for children in the foster care system in a whole new neighborhood now. I don't think our new neighbors are going to know what hit them. We are quite the crew, yes we are!
A lot of changes going on in our lives right now. Thank goodness the Lord is in control. Moment by moment by moment.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Just Call Us Nutty!
Labels: moving, our foster care journey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i LOVE it! the material for your speaking ministry is exploding! so proud of ya!
That's GREAT Jami! Congratulations! I can't believe you are going to show your house with 5 kids! I could barely do it with Jadon and my dog in Atlanta! I'll be praying you don't have to show it much. It won't surprise me if you don't cuz it seems like God's all over this. Good Luck!
Praying your house sells quick. We sold our house in two days! We move in June!
Post a Comment