Sunday, April 11, 2010

And Sometimes I'm Just Feeling Anxious...

Tomorrow marks one week with our boys! Like I've said before, things have gone so well, really better than I ever expected but 5 kids is a lot of work! A good word to describe it is CONSTANT.

We are wiped out at the end of each day but the Lord never ceases to amaze me with His love and His words of encouragement and instruction to me. I need Him so desperately. Moment by moment dependence.

When we're trying to get out the door, "Lord help me here." When kids all want me at the same time, "Lord stay close." When I'm feeling overwhelmed, "Lord calm my spirit." I have felt His supernatural strength. I just want to stay out of the way and allow His love, His peace, His grace to flow through me.

There have been times when things are going smoothly and I think "Wow, I'm pretty good at this five kid thing!" but the Lord quickly reminds me that it's not me whose good. I have to ask Him over and over to keep me out of the way. It is HIS grace that keeps me going, that gives me joy, that motivates me, and walks me through each day.

I have to constantly take one day at a time because honestly if I think that we are in this for one year or more, I feel the need to hyperventilate! :) On the other hand, if I think about giving the boys back, my heart hurts and so I must just focus on today.

Tonight I have been feeling a little anxious. Anxious about another week caring for five sweet kiddos. Monday means game on. And so again I have gone to the Lord. He knows what responsibilities I have. All He asks is that I focus in on His face. He will tell me where to go next. He will give me the strength for each task. He will motivate me and guide me. I don't need to think about the many things I must do. I just need to focus in on the ONE who will tell me what the next step is. What comfort, what peace, what joy this brings me!

Take it all to Him today, my friends. Every last thing. I love you all!

Phillipians 4:6 "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all that He has done. Then you will experience God's peace which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Jami, I think you are doing a wonderful job with 5 kids! It was so great to see those precious boys in person today! They are so beautiful! I can see your love for them radiate out from you. God has definately called you to foster care and I can see the proof of it in the way you interact with the boys and how much you love them as your own children. They are so blessed to be in such great hands with you and Clint. I think you two already are and are going to continue to be wonderful foster parents...I think you are a perfect fit! Love you my friend!

emilykate said...

Hey Jami, I'm good friends with Leah G and she was telling me about your fostering so I checked out your blog. I'm a foster care case manager so I feel pretty invested in this subject. So cool to see how God called you to this...it's definitely a ministry!

ZealousEcho said...

Jami I've loved reading this :) I've missed working out at Efree (but am training for my first triathalon which is in 2 weeks!) SINCE we are still slightly connected through Todd and Clint, maybe we should get together sometime! I know you are super busy, but I'd even come over and hang out and think of something creative to do with the kiddos! My email is megan.sage.107@gmail.com. Seeing you would be fun! :) Praying for you and all the little ones!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin