Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Follow Up to the "I Will Be a New Woman" Comment

Hello dear friends! If you haven't read yesterday's post, I would suggest giving it a look over before reading this.

I went to bed last night with a new plan in mind. Wake up at 6:30. Wake up kids (if they're not up already) at 7:30. And Baby B at 8:00. His new feeding schedule is bottles at 8, 12, 4, and 8. With some cereal and baby food in there as well.

My reality? I woke up at 7:30 a.m. (oops!) with 2 little kids who had made their way in our bed a few minutes earlier. Actually I woke up to Raegan rubbing my back! When I opened my eyes, there she was with her sweet little face looking right at me. I said, "Raegan, thanks for rubbing my back!!" She looked up at me and said, "I did it just because I love you!"

That was a sweet moment!

Though I didn't wake up the time I planned, we did actually get out of the house on time. And no one was in pj's or shoeless! Now that's an accomplishment!

So the day was going rather smoothly until around 3:50. It was then that things started to get a little hectic. I was preheating the oven to put in a casserole (lovingly made by a friend) and ready to feed BB when I saw a car parked outside my house. Then a woman got out and started walking up to our front door.

A little preface: The night before I looked at my calendar and saw 4:00pm written down but nothing else beside it. I even mentioned it to Clint "I have 4pm on my calendar but I don't know why." I figured it wasn't important.

Well....

4:00 came and there was this woman ringing my doorbell.

I opened the door and she said "You must be Jami!" Then she looked at Rae and asked "Are you Raegan?"

I immediately assumed she was someone working in the system - since there are many people coming and going in your home when you become a foster parent - but feeling a little annoyed that she hadn't called ahead, I asked "And you're name is???"

Seeming surprised by my lack of knowlege she responsed, "Well I'm Nancy."

It was then that the 4pm note on my calendar came into my mind and I realized that this was our licensing worker!

The one I had never met in person but had spoken with on the phone.

The one I arranged a 4pm meeting with today! Uggggg.

I welcomed her into my not very clean home, tried to put a casserole in the oven, feed a baby a bottle, feed a grumpy child a snack, shoo the two little boys down the basement and answer any questions she had for me! I was - can I say - frazzled and slightly sweaty. Just being real here. :)

All in all, she was very gracious and understood my forgetfulness. Thank you Nancy!

And thus ends another eventful day at our house. :)

Tomorrow, is the second visit for the boys with their parents. Yet another transition. Lord, have mercy! :)

9 comments:

Jess said...

Jami, you are doing a great job, I just know it! I don't know anyone who could do it better!! Thanks for filling us in on your good days and your tough ones.

Smileyface said...

Sounds like our days....although I only have 3 monkies to get around. So you are doing great!!! When you get it figured out how to get places on time and still feel "unfrazzeled and not sweaty" you let me know ;) *HUG*

SuperMomma said...

You are doing GREAT! Relax...(I think you are) and laugh! I'm so excited that you are honest and up front with the reality of being a busy mom! Love those kids - all of them - and share Jesus with them!
~kb~

Linda Schuhmacher said...

You will get there Jami. This is a huge transitions & not only are you caring for 2 more, but you also are dealing with the emotional affects this has on the boys, yourself & family. Keep Smiling!!! Sending up prayers Linda

On Purpose said...

To cheer you on!

Sticklings said...

You are doing great, Jam...and things fall apart around here at that time of day...every single day. Just saying it, in case it makes you feel better. =) Change always takes time...and when you throw little ones into it, you just have to be adaptable. The day you think you have a schedule figured out, things seem to change. So just enjoy this and love on all your kids. I love you!!

Daish said...

Hey James! :) I've been thinking of you, and praying for you. You're doing a great job I know. Man, I feel a frazzled at times (or every day at some point or maybe a number of times throughout the day) just adding Trec...I can't imagine adding two! Love ya.

Kristy said...

Oh, Jami. Hang in there! : ) I think you're doing a terrific job- you even had time to cheer me up and spend a relaxing morning- still thinking of others through it all. 80%, right? : ) Love ya.

Mrs. Hany said...

Keep it up Jami!!! Seriously there are 5 kiddos in your house right now, FIVE!!!!! We are praying for protection and grace for your fab five and both you and Clint.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin