Thursday, April 15, 2010

Teaching Jesus


"Do you know Jesus?"

This was one of the first questions Paige asked 3 year old, LM when he arrived at our house. We have the exciting privilege of teaching Jesus to these little guys! Just today at lunch, LM folded his hands to pray with no help from me. I love that!

Every night we sing "Jesus Loves Me" to the boys. This is fertile soil we get to plant in. I want to take full advantage of every opportunity I have with my little guys. I pray with the boys - all of my boys that they will grow up to be men of integrity and men who love and pursue Jesus with all of their hearts. We want to raise servant leaders here. Strong men who are passionate about the Lord and others!

My consistent prayer with Hudson goes like this. "Lord give Hudson a passion for ____ (this is where he adds "purity" though it sound more like "perity") and a heart for _____ (and he adds "Jesus!") He really has no idea what purity is but someday he will understand and oh how I want him to have a passion in his soul for Jesus!!

With LM and BB, we don't know how long they will be in our home - maybe just a year, maybe longer but if we can plant the seeds now, who knows how they will bloom and blossom in years to come. What a privilege to be a part of that!

Thank You Jesus!

6 comments:

On Purpose said...

You have a beautiful heart and home...its radiates Jesus!

Jami said...

Nichole - YOU have a beautiful heart! You are always such an encourager to me. Thank you so much, my friend!

lisa Kindred said...

Just talked with Amy a. and she shared your exciting news with your 2 little precious ones. I am sure you are an incredible blessing to those little boys and I want you to know I will be fervently praying for you as you continue on this journey!
God is good and you are a great example of what it means to be His servant!!!
Hang in there and keep trusting!! LIsa

Jami said...

Thank you Lisa - we appreciate every prayer SO very much!!

Alyssa said...

Jami I LOVED this post as I too feel the same passion and priviledge of sharing Jesus' love with my little man. I know He is still so little but I fully trust that God will plant these seeds in His heart and bring them to fruition in the months and year to come. Keep loving those boys :)
Love, Alyssa

Marian said...

Just happened upon your blog...love the prayer you say with your boys ~ I pray everyday that my tender little girl's heart will one day be matched with that type of man! Thank you for praying now with your "little men"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin