Monday, April 5, 2010

From 3 to 5: Our Foster Care Journey Begins!

My heart is overflowing with joy as I write this! Today we welcomed two sweet little boys into our family! We are officially foster parents and we are in love!


We got home from vacation on Saturday after driving straight through the night. I showered and unpacked and then took off to buy a twin bed and other needed items for the baby. We set up their room that night.

Easter, we enjoyed a relaxing time with our family and then today I went to the gym, ran a few errands and waited for our newest arrivals!

They were about an hour later then when we originally anticipated and so I spent that time pacing, praying, reading my Bible, doing video documentary, pacing some more, feeling nervous, feeling excited, pacing...ah you get the picture right?!

Finally we saw the caseworker's car pull up in our driveway and I walked out to meet our little guys!

She pulled out the 3 year old first (can't share his name for privacy sake so I think I'm going to call the 3 year old "little man" or "LM" and the baby "baby boy" or "BB" - how's that?!) but when she handed him to me my heart melted. Little man looked worried and started to whimper a few times but was pretty easily distracted. I kissed his head and told him "I am so happy you are here!"
d
Clint held baby boy and we all walked into the house. Paige got off the bus nearly 2 minutes after they arrived and came running in "Are they here? Are they here?!!" Hudson started welcoming the little guys immediately, he went on and on! Raegan was fully of smiles and joy. These kids are loved, that is for sure!

At we sat down to talk, little man sat quietly and nervously on my lap but soon Hudson brought down his new Lightening McQueen toy and LM started playing with it. Not long after, I saw him smile! His first smile and I was delighted! He was laughing soon after!

Hud and LM are buddies! They were swinging together, going down the slide, even dancing together! Lots of smiles, lots of giggles!

BB is just precious! He is sweet, cuddly, adorable, and just a bundle of love! We are quite taken with these little guys!

Our other 3 kids have done great though I sense a little more neediness in them - especially Paige and Hud tonight. They are excited but I know it's a lot to take in as well.
f
We also took a walk around the block tonight - 2 strollers needed. That was a lot of fun! By 8:30 they were in bed and fast asleep! The house is trashed, we are tired, but oh so happy!

Today really could not have gone better. I have been praying for supernatural love and the Lord as always is faithful. I just LOVE them!
f
Now I know there are going to be a lot of ups and downs, times when we feel overwhelmed and at a loss of what to do next but I also know that God is faithful and the support we have received from friends and family is just unbelievable! We feel so loved, so supported and just can't thank you enough!
f
We started the adoption journey with our idea of how things would go. But God, in His great wisdom and mercy had a different plan. Thank You Jesus!

6 comments:

Sissy said...

Very exciting! I am glad that you were able to have some fun with them and the room looks really cute!

Mrs. Hany said...

Jami! I am so excited for you!!!! What an amazing journey to begin! We will be praying for you all. What size is BB? I have a bunch of Philly's stuff that I could go through. Just let me know!

Flamingo said...

wow wow wow!! this is just so amazing and exciitng i do pray that it all continues to go well! so just like that you have more kids than me! i need tips:) lol

SECPumpkin said...

Jami, I can't tell you how I'm rejoicing right now for your family and specifically those two boys! I know God is using your family to show them who HE is. Many prayers and blessings to your new family of 7!!! We finished our classes two weeks ago and are just waiting for the state to approve us! : ) Can't wait until our home is filled with sweet children to love!

On Purpose said...

Congrats Jami! These two boys are in a MOST amazing and loving home. And I am celebrating with you. Knowing how purposeful God is! And I just want to thank you for sharing your journey...it is touching many hearts and lives!

Jess said...

How'd I miss this yesterday?

I am so glad to see what a HUGE plan God had in providing Hudson to LM for a buddy!! How awesome! I'll be praying for their relationship!

Hope you had a good day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin