Friday, April 9, 2010

Overflowing...

I am all filled up!

Before starting this journey, I told the Lord that I needed to have my time with Him during the day. I knew that adding 2 more children to the family would make time to myself a much more difficult thing and yet I love my time with Jesus so much and I know He loves it too so I told Him to make it happen. I wasn't sure how it would look - would the kids sleep or play quietly a little longer, would a movie need to be turned on, would I have to get up earlier...maybe all of the above but I just gotta say He is Awesome!

Today - right now - I have 2 kiddos sleeping, 2 kiddos playing quietly and one kiddo at school! I got to sit out on my front porch to journal, read my devotional, and the Word. I am absolutely excited and my soul is nourished!

This is one verse that my devotional "Jesus Calling" (total recommend it by the way), led me to today. It took my breath away and I had to hold back tears.

Exodus 33:14 "...I [the Lord] will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest - everything will be fine for you."

Today I got the rest that I needed! I just love Him!! Yesterday was a more overwhelming day, tears were shed by kids AND me!, recruitment's were called in and so on. I'll post more on that later but His words to me that day also made me cry.

Hebrews 13:21 "May He equip you with all you need for doing His will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him."

Friends, He is the great Provider. He will take care of you. He wants to take you and me beyond our comfort zone and prove to us that He is enough. He is more than enough!

He continues to overwhelm me with His love and grace during this new journey we're on. He has provided amazing friends and family who have helped me during the day, who have organized and made meals for us, who have made phone calls and sent me texts with words of encouragement and prayers... I am so amazed! Thank you to all who have served our family in one way or another. We are so very thankful for you!

Praise Him, Praise Him, Praise Him!!

4 comments:

Smileyface said...

Jami....I have thought of you so often this week and said many prayers. I cannot wait to be where you are.....the season of bringing orphans in to our home and loving them. But I'm being patient ;) and enjoying this season too.

Just wanted to share with you as I'm sitting here in my quiet time too and just wanted to thank you for sharing what you did....God is so good and I love how He blesses us down to every detail so many times. You shared about Moses and I was in Exodus 14 this afternoon and I'm gonna have to blog about it all so you can see how cool God is (as if you don't already know ;)

Blessings to you sweet sister....I love you so much and am so blessed that my Mom introduced me to you ;) You are such a shining example!!!

*HUGS* and lots more prayers being sent your way as you continue this journey of mamahood ;)

Flamingo said...

wow!! i am so excited to hear how well you are doing!!! keep us posted!!

Shannan Martin said...

I am thankful for this reminder to MAKE IT HAPPEN! We really are no good without it... and yet it's so easy to let it slip. Thanks for the encouragement!

Amber Lee said...

I can't even explain to you how I got to this post (it was quite the journey!), but I'm pretty sure I was supposed to get here.

Just want to say thank you for sharing all that you do. We are an adoptive family, trying to control our next steps- and we all know how that works out ;)

I'm sure it happens a lot, but I just wanted you to know that God is using your family and your story to speak to others :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin