Saturday, April 24, 2010

One More Thing to Add to Our Crazy Life!


On Wednesday night LM and I spent 3 1/2 hours in the E.R.!!

(Do you know how much I want to show you pics of my sweet little guys?! LM's leg is all you get!) :)

Anyways....

Wednesday evening Hudson and LM were jumping off our little toddler slide. Apparently 3rd times the charm because LM jumped wrong and started crying. Then he started limping and then wouldn't put any weight on his foot at all.

We knew we had to take him in. After 3 1/2 hours the Dr. determined that LM had a slight fracture on the top of his foot. And so they "splinted" him all up and told me he would need a cast!

I felt very discouraged. Actually this little injury really rocked my boat. How in the world was I going to cart around an 8 month old and now a 3 year old who wasn't supposed to put any weight on his foot all the while shuffling around the other 3 kids? I also knew I was going to be talking with his mom Thursday night and would have to tell her that her son just fractured his foot..at my house...in my care...after only 2 1/2 weeks of having him here! Our relationship was so new and had been going very well and I was afraid she might really freak out.

Fortunately, she was very understanding and handled it very well. And then, more good news!

The next day, I took LM into the foot Dr. to have him looked at and casted. When the Dr. looked at the scan, he determined that it wasn't a fracture. It appeared that he had fractured his foot at one point in the past but that had been healed and there didn't appear to be any more damage.

His foot was still swollen (and still is a bit) and so he wrapped it and sent LM off with an orthopedic shoe!

So my little guy is doing great and I'm hoping this is the end of that story. Mm. Hmm.

Never a dull moment here, let me tell you!

4 comments:

smw said...

it would be very difficult to cart 5 kids around at all, much less without a working foot! :)

Linda Schuhmacher said...

Hi Jami,

Yes things can get very crazy when you have additions to your family. I believe there was a time when I had 6 little ones all under the age of 7. Not sure how I did it. :) Sounds like you are doing an amazing job! I love reading your post reminds me of days past.
Shine for Jesus, Linda

Flamingo said...

wow! i would've been somewhat frazzled! what a praise that she didn't freak out!

Kristy said...

Jami! We need to stay in touch better, girl! I find out everything through your blogs & FB days after it's happened! :( What a bummer...I hope he's doing better & am thankful it turns out it wasn't broken! Chad & I continue to lift you & your growing family up in prayer...love you all!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin