Monday, April 26, 2010

Planting Seeds

LM (3 years old) and BB (8 months old) came to live with us 3 weeks ago. They made us first time foster parents and we just love them! I've said this before but the day they came into our home, our 7 year old Paige looked at LM and asked "Do you know Jesus?" He just stared at her blankly at the time but things are changing, yes they are! :)


Every night before bed, I sing Jesus Loves Me to him and yesterday, for the very first time, he joined me in singing! My little LM has speech delays but it was obvious he was singing this song with me...every word! With delight in his eyes, he sang "Yes!! Jesus loves me! Yes!! Jesus loves me. Yes!! Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so!"

It was a beautiful and tender moment shared between 'mama' and son and that, my friends is something to celebrate!


10 comments:

Kathy Schwanke said...

Jami, what a treasure!! Sweet report! Thanks for delighting my heart!

Love to you and your expanded family! ;)

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

There's absolutely nothing sweeter than hearing a child sing...especially when it's truths of God's Word. Thanks for sharing. I think foster parenting is one of the most selfless things that you can do. I pray God blesses your efforts to shape these young lives for His glory.

Jenny said...

that makes my heart smile!

Kellye said...

There truly is nothing sweeter than seeing a child fully wrap their arms around the concept of God's love. Blessings to you and all of your sweet babies!

Alita said...

That is a heart melting moment. Thanks for sharing.

I understand what you mean. My oldest had speech delays, too. It makes the moment extra special.

Dawn said...

what a moment, indeed! and again... the gifts you give... they are beautiful.

Beth Zimmerman said...

What a beautiful post from a beautiful lady! :) Thank you for the gift you are giving those precious children!

New follower from Tuesdays Unwrapped.
Beth
http://bethaworkinprogress.blogspot.com/

Shannan Martin said...

That IS something to celebrate! I'm giddy every time I see Silas clasp his hands and close his eyes to "pray". (He does this whenever he wants to eat - Ha!) I'm just amazed at how quickly truth seems to fall into the pure soil of innocence. What a blessing you are to those kiddos of yours. All of them!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Love this! I have done volunteer work as a court appointed advocate and always tell the foster parents I meet, "You are angels right here on earth." And you are! Thank you for want you are doing for those 2 precious children! We are in the process of adopting a child right now (we already have 3), but I feel like God may be leading us to fostering someday.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin