Thursday, January 31, 2008

different is good

When Paige was little, she was very slow to warm up. She still is to some degree but has become more confident and social as she's grown older. I used to struggle because being an outgoing person, I think I just sort of expected my child to be as well. When people would come up to her and talk to her (even as a young baby) she would just stare them down and often wouldn't even give them a smile.
"Oh you have such a serious baby..." I heard a lot. (always annoyed me because I knew how happy and fun she was with us) :)
Now I am truly enjoying watching this person she is becoming. She is already a MUCH better artist them I am...seriously! She has always been skilled at the fine motor activities. On her first birthday, she ate her cake so delicately...one teeny bite at a time!
I think Paige's love language is quality time and words of affirmation. She just lights up when she is filled with this type of love.

Raegan was born and I thought wow, these 2 have a lot of similarities. Raegan was more smiley than Paige with others but she shared the same demeaner. Quiet, sweet, compliant. Then when Raegan was around 9 months old, something went off in that sweet little head of hers like - "this is for the birds!" and my quiet little girl who would sit, smile at me and play with toys CHANGED!

Raegan is now is still sweet but is quiet no more!! She is our red head through and through. Totally dramatic!! Anyone who has been around this child pretty much gets the whole show within the first hour or two. Raegan spares no emotions! She cracks us up a lot but also causes much heavy sighing and shaking of our heads! "Oh Raegan" is a phrase that commonly falls from our lips!

Her main love language is physical touch...definately!

And now we have our Hudson. He is a definate people person as well...very lovey. Almost always has a smile for someone who will talk to him. But he also has an attitude! :) This boy knows what he wants and what he does NOT want. Sometimes he gets this "don't mess with me" look in his eyes and you know that Hudson's not in a good mood! But on the other hand, he is SUCH a love. He especially loves kisses and requests them often from us!

His love language - physical touch (maybe others too...not sure yet)

Isn't it amazing how different each child can be. I love that! Tell me about your kiddos. Do you know what their love language is? I'd love to hear from you! :)





4 comments:

Van said...

Loved reading your adoption story and then moving over to your "new" blog. Having grown up in South America I celebrate each time I hear that a precious Latin American baby has found a home in the US. Different is good. I am fascinated by the Love Languages as well as the personality styles that God gives us. Understadning why we behave the way we do certainly helps us live in harmony. Give Hudson a hug for me!

Mindy said...

Hmmm...I would say that Noah's love language is mainly quality time. Maybe it's just this stage of life but he always is asking "Mommy pay...Mommy pay (play)" and signs please very rapidly! He seems to get fussy if I don't pay enough attention to him in a day. :)

lifelaughterchaos said...

Our families are a lot alike. I have a reddy head daughter with drama too! She is also the lovey. We have endearingly entitled her the knat...she's just always there pesting you...and no matter how much you swoosh, she always comes back;)

yes, I did write that we could be in the process for years. Before I knew we were going to Taiwan, I thought it was China. Unfortunately they are up to a 3 year wait!! Taiwan is much better...more like 18 months. I am praying about being open to special needs (minor)...which would make it go much faster for us.

How long did your process take? Your little boy is beautiful! Are you planning on adopting again?

Your family is beautiful. I appreciate your admiration for your husband. I have the best hubby and daddy in the world too (don't tell your hubby)...I just fail to tell him that alot.

If you don't mind...I think I will link your blog to mine. It's always nice to follow the lives of someone with a similar passion.

God bless!
Billie

Mama Runner said...

Ethne is a strong-willed introvert and Catie is a compliant extrovert. They're about as different as you can get. I think Ethne's love language is words of affirmation and Catie's is touch.

I read an article you might find interesting that helped me with my introvert. It's called "Raising an Introvert in an Extrovert World" and can be found in the May 2005 issue of Child magazine p. 139. Don't know if you could find it at a library, but it was very informative.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin