Hi, my name is Jami and I have a problem...
HHfffffffff
ffffffffffffhgf
I'm am a SLACKER when it comes to unpacking...a SLACKER! Coming home from vacation is always difficult right? I mean where does all the motivation go?! Still laying out by the pool, I imagine!
hhhhhhhhhh
Well, I was feeling really good because on day 1 of being home from vacation, I already had our dirty clothes washed AND dried! Then by.... uhh....day 6 I FINALLY became motivated enough to take those same clothes out of the dryer and fold them...I even put them away! Day 6 was also big for me because I unpacked suitcases #1, #2, and #3. Some of you right now are in disbelief that there on people like me who can let suitcases lie in such a fashion but this is just the gut-wrenching truth. (well I HOPE I'm not the only one like this....)
fffffffffff
So life moved on and suitcase #4 somehow became the forgotten one. Then yesterday (yes I'm embarrassed to admit that suitcase #4 was still there on day 6!!) I walked into my room and to my surprise suitcase #4 had exploded!!! I immediately called Raegan into my room and asked her what happened. She totally threw her siblings under the bus saying that they were responsible. I wasn't sure what to believe.
ddddddd
The scene before me had R.A.E.G.A.N written ALL over it.
I decided to ask Paige and hear her story.
fffffff
"Paige, did you destroy my suitcase?"
fffffff
Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.
ffffffff
"Yes. Mommy!"
fffffffff
"WHAT?! Why would you do such a thing?!" I asked bewildered.
fffffffffff
"I was trying to find my shoes, I thought they were in the bottom." (like duh, mom)
fffffffffff
Like a good mother, I threw my hand on my hip and said "Well then girlie - you are going to have to pick it up!"
ffffffffffff
But somewhere along the timeline of that conversation and now, it did not happen. Did I mention I need to work on my follow through...
gggggggggg
So I write this to you, friends to encourage you. Now you can look at me and say...well at least I'm not THAT bad!
fffffffff
And....if you've had any similar moments - could you please share so I could in turn look at you and feel better too! :)


12 comments:
Hi, I came by because of your She Speaks post, but then I saw your Guatemala adoption story and was interested because of an acquaintance who is there now in the same process. Beautiful children, all!
Okay, since we are admitting, I will too. When we came home from the dells this summer, I left our suitcase and cooler in the living room for a week. We just lived out of the suitcase and I did not have to get anything to drink in the kitchen, because the beverages were in the cooler. Jason was so upset, but my excuse was I am with child (like only 8 weeks). gotta love it.
I love it! I have only been on one vacation and that was our honeymoon last year so I do not have any "unpacking" stories, but I do really have a problem with getting things out of the dryer. I will go through for days and pick out the selected items that I need and basically "unpack" thge dyer over about a 4 day period.
Girls - thanks for making me feel a little more normal!! :) You are funny!
So, did you make Paige put the clothes away, or just back in the suitcase. If you made her put them in the drawers, you are a GENIUS!! I'll make a mental note of that, if I leave a suitcase on the floor, unpacked, eventually one of my children will destroy it and I can make THEM unpack for me!!!!
AhHa!
Seriously, My empty suitcase is still on my floor. I did empty it, but it'll be a race to see which one of us can actually put the suitcases where they belong.
You tell me when there is no evidence left that you went to Florida, and I'll tell you. I guarantee you, you'll win.
I am cracking up- so funny. You know, my suitcases are all unpacked but you should see the spare bedroom bed (with door closed). Heaping with summer clothes! All clean and spread out to avoid wrinkling. Waiting for my mom to come home from Florida and help me fold them! :) Yes, it's true. Confession- my mom folds most of my clothes. : ) I don't know what I'd do without her. I did fold all of the winter clothes/ undies, etc., the stuff we need now. She gets back next week so maybe then. For now, out of sight, out of mind.
We all have our little things that we "slack" on. Mine is not the suitcase...that is one area that the minute I get home I unpack all that stuff and get the suitcases put away...the area I "slack" in is the laundry. It can take me a day get the the laundry washed and dryed but a week to get it folded and put into the drawers!!! Its terrible. I even find myself just grabbing the folded items I need out of the basket instead of taking time to put them away. ARGHHH it can be so frustrating at times, I mean why don't I just put it away???
At least Paige was honest that she had destroyed the suitcase. A quality that will serve her well in the long run. I travel amount and sometimes the suitcaes plauges me. Usually not too bad but I'm with Sandra on the laundry. My mom told me to fold each load as it comes out of the dryer and put it away immediately. I'm just not there yet:)
Jami,
No kidding....I have left our suitcases out for over 2 weeks. Recently, our house literally looked like a bomb went off. We were having to step over piles and piles EVERYWHERE!! I kept telling Chris how sorry I was that I am such a mess right now. It is so hard to get motivated right now!!
Also, I am so glad y'all had such an amazing time in Florida!!! That is my favorite place on earth...the beach!!! Keep praying for our process....it just feels so hard some days.
Blessings,
Lindsey
ahhh...it's good to know I have a slacker friend in the department of unpacking suitcases. :) I'm terrible at doing it...we don't even have kids yet. I feel better about myself already! Love you, Alesa
Jami~
No worries girl! I am not my mother's daughter for sure. My mom would never have done something like this! However, I do the same thing on a regular basis! Sometimes I don't unpack until I go looking for something specific and then it is only the one item I am looking for....until finally I have emptied the suitcase. Ok, that is bad! My mom however, did recently tell me that she admires me b/c I have spending time with my family prioritized before cleaning my house. I think I just live by my grandma Stafford's standards....if people came to see my house, they didn't come to see me!
Uhhh... I have a full suitcase on the floor and still have not unpacked. I just keep walking by it and ignoring it. Yuck...I hate when I procrastinate. I did find a website a couple of weeks ago that really has changed my life it is called flylady.net. As much as I am on the computer it sends emails and encouragement to get those things done and it starts you in a different zone in your house every week. In fact I do my laundry evryday now and I used to be a major slacker in that area. You should join her group if you need help. I sure did, and it really helped. Well except the suitcase sitting on my floor still. Babysteps...thats what its all about :)
Post a Comment