Friday, January 25, 2008

More photos and a story...






Today I've been grouchy! Yes, I said it...coming home from Florida while enjoying high 70 degree weather and then JUMPING into below zero temps is NOT an easy transition! Yesterday while driving in the morning, it was -4...NEGATIVE FOUR!!!!

So my poor children have had to deal with a frustrated mommy more often than I like to admit today. It's not just the weather, it's really just the fact that I need to catch up on sleep...(I did just get a nap) and Leslie is walking in right now as a reinforcement! YAY LESLIE!!

Anyway, at one point - I couldn't find the girls so I sweetly called....errr I mean shouted for them to come down the stairs. When they came, I said ever so frustrated...Paige you need to come when I call. I need to know where you are. Paige sincerely replied..."I'm sorry Mommy, will you please forgive me?" I was humbled to say the least. Thank you Lord for reaching out to me through my sweet daughter and giving me the smack on the hand that I needed. Truly a soft answer does turn away wrath... :)

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

What a sweet daughter! and i know what you mean about the weather -- not fun. I couldn't even leave the house the past two days, because it was too cold and my car wouldn't start :(

Marla said...

Sounds a lot like Megan's blog entry today. By the way, what is that top picture of? Neat pictures.

Jess said...

Where'd she get that "please forgive me" thing??

;)

I'm with you on the grouchy thing.

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Runner said...

I can relate. I had a similar experience with Ethne. I yelled at her for something that really was an accident, and she tearfully told me, "Mommy, rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice." Broke my heart.

Taylor said...

Love the pictures! They look great! Looks like you have quite a talent in media!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin