Tuesday, January 29, 2008

She speaks...

What a COOL opportunity!!

Lysa Terkeurst posted a contest on her blog today. She's giving away a scholarship to the "She Speaks" conference and for those of you who know me...you know I would love to go!! :) I love speaking to (the very little that I've done), sharing with, and connecting to other women..and I would enjoy doing more of it!
fffffffffffffffff
I learned about She Speaks awhile ago and since then have had a desire to go. I love connecting with other women and learning their stories. I first heard Lysa speak at a Hearts at Home conference. It was just what I needed.
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Lysa and her husband had adopted 2 older boys and she shared her story at Hearts almost 3 years ago. Not long before the conference, Clint and I felt God calling us to adopt. I felt pretty certain that this was His plan but I was struggling with the "what if's" and wondering "how do you really know for sure?!"
ffffffffffff
Lysa spoke about living life with our arms wide open to Christ, asking him to write our life's story. She said she could be a woman who lived a safe life or she could jump out in faith and let Christ write her story. This impacted me deeply. Her talk gave me the confidence I needed to know that we were indeed on the right path. I can't describe the peace and excitement I felt after that...realizing that we were about to enter an amazing adventure with our Lord.
fffffffffffffffffffff
And so it was...
ffffffffffffffffffff
7 months later we received the referral of our son, Hudson (only 5 days old at the time). We immediately fell in love with him and knew that he was ours! After 10 difficult months of watching him grow from a distance, we finally brought our Hudson home! The time of waiting was so painful at times but Christ was always there...with His arms wrapped tightly around us.
fffffffffffffffffffffffffff
How thankful I am that Christ wrote my story for me. I can't wait to see what He has in store for us next! We have truly been blessed beyond measure!!
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
I would LOVE to go to the She Speaks conference to learn more about speaking, connecting with women, and even blogging (I'm always trying to think of how to get my readership up!)
so PICK ME...PICK ME! :)

She Speaks conference is for women interested in speaking and writing so check it out!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Oh My Gosh! You should TOTALLY go!!!

lifelaughterchaos said...

I found your blog from P31's. How cool is that...you adopted?! I am adopting right now too! I understood you totally with regards to your fears..and especially how Lysa inspired you.

Good luck with the contest!

Celly B said...

Jami,
I loved hearing how God used Lysa to confirm your desire to adopt! Isn't it wonderful how He can use us to encourage each other?
You have inspired me with your obedience to God's will for you and your willingness to share your story.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to encourage one another in person at She Speaks? Or to extend that encouragement through some sort of blogring?

Sandy said...

Jami,
Lovely post on your adoption process and best wishes on the scholarship.
Blessings,
Sandy

Lisa said...

What an amazing story, which I am so touched to be able to read.

I'm tickled by your blog title, too, as that is the theme the Lord has put on my heart this year. You should come by Extravagantgrace.net and put your two cents in on the LLL posts that I occasionally write.

Blessings and hope you win!

Elisa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin