Do you know why these pictures are my faves? Because it means my fridge is clean!! Sparkling clean!! I finally broke down and pulled out the leftovers from the back...ewwwwww I hate that job. Then I took out the trays and washed them clean. Now, I just love looking in there! I know, I know.... I'm strange. I was even telling my kids "look guys, isn't it great...how clean our fridge is!" When I told Clint to look (I told you I was excited) he just said - "it looks empty to me" Sad thing is, I just got groceries that day. You know - got a keep a budget too!
So how does it go with you? I feel like I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. See I can let things build up...I don't like it butI do it - then once I get down and really clean - I want it perfect! I want my fridge to sparkle, etc. etc. I do try to have things picked up daily but honestly it is nearly impossible if not completely impossible to have the entire house picked up all at once. One day I work on the upstairs but the downstairs needs help. Then the girl's room is clean one night but the next day it looks like a tornado hit! HELP! The rare days that I get the place looking beautiful - my kids haven't got the attention they need from me. It's a never ending battle...and though I could get quite depressed right now, I think I'd rather just go open my refrigerator and enjoy it's cleanliness or maybe.... I'll just get a snack :)
Tell me about you...


4 comments:
Jami, you said, "See I can let things build up...I don't like it butI do it - then once I get down and really clean - I want it perfect!" and that is EXACTLY how I am!
I get piles and let things get so messy, but internally it drives me NUTS. One of the reasons things pile though is because I need time to clean right! Once I am focused, I am focused and it is left CLEAN!!
It is really hard to learn to prioritize cleaning as a mother! I was hoping to get advise from you!! ;)
Josh's job for the day is to occupy Jadon so I can get SOMETHING done! You wouldn't think that 3 people can do so much damage!
Oh Jami, I am so happy to hear you write this! I am exactly the same way when it comes to cleaning and keeping the house picked up. Some days I just let it go, b/c I get so down after I work so hard to get it all nice and picked up only to have my husband and child destroy my work in minutes. I too feel like I am robbing my child of time spent with her when I take time to pick up or clean. But there is also something in my spirit that is refreshed when my house is in order (even if only for a while). As far as my fridge, I clean it when I feel it needs a good scub or when I get on a "clean out the fridge kick." I just cleaned mine this Monday. It made me feel good!
I have learned that if I do a little every day it doesn't take much time and isn't a big deal if I skip a day. Then, I just have to let go of my desire for a perfectly clean house. When my house gets out of control, I think it helps if at least one room is clean (for me that is the kitchen). This stage in life (read preschoolers in the house)makes it pretty much impossible to have a completely clean/picked up house. But I agree with you Taylor, that when things have some order my spirit feels more at peace. Karen Ehman just came out with a new book called "The Complete Guide to Getting and Staying Organized" and it gives great ideas for moms struggling in this area.
Oh I love your fridge too! Not because it is clean (though it is nice) I love it because it is a true American SIZE! I have two fridges and they don't equal your one. And don't get me started about having gallon jugs of milk......:)
The battle of laundry, dishes and all the great stuff that goes with being a mom- it never ends....
I love reading your blog you make me smile!
Post a Comment