Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"but ants are my friends"

Houston, we have a problem. Rae has found some new friends and I DON'T like them! In fact, I actively try to extinguish them from my home!

Summer has come...wonderful fragrances from the outdoors, warm weather, and.....ANTS!!!!!!!!! For awhile everyone was on board, the ants would come and the children would all recite things like, "mommy doesn't like ants, ewwww ants, we don't want ants here...."

But then I heard a radio broadcast on Focus on the Family I think, where they were talking about teaching your children to love God's creation AND creatures. I felt a bit convicted and changed my phrasing to something like this. "Children, God made ants and that is wonderful but we don't like them in our house."

Apparently Raegan took this to heart as now she proclaims that baby ants are her friends and that I shouldn't spray them. We went to Grandma's the other day and Raegan stepped out of the car with cup and on the lid, 2 "baby" ants. "Grandma, I brought my pets!"

Then today she walked into the office with 3 of her "friends" crawling on her hands and arm! Ewwwwww...... Sorry, but I am NOT an ant lover! It is kind of cute to see her bend down and "pick up" her little friends, but really!

silly rae :)

3 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

oh my, Jami, that is sooo cute! i love it. I hope my kids don't do that someday with spiders! great post!

Sandra said...

I had to laugh...ants are safe in IL, but here in TN...a whole new story. If you haven't read my post awhile back you should...its all about ants. I can't say I like them either. We just don't have those cute picnic ants here!!!

lifelaughterchaos said...

ants? what's up with them? I have them everywhere too. Sierra loves them. Christian runs scream, "it biiiiite! it biiiiite!"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin