Thursday, June 12, 2008

In the little ways...

I love how God shows up in the small ways, don't you? Tonight I was praying with Hudson before bed.

"Lord," I prayed, "Please help all of my children to feel unique and special in our family. Help them to know that they are loved and cherished."

As I left Hudson's room I heard Clint and Paige finishing up their bedtime routine. Paige was praying. The last line of her prayer was "Thanks God for making me special!"

Wow Lord - thanks for that! Perhaps Paige has prayed that before but definately not every night. So I told Paige - "Guess what?! I was just upstairs praying with Hudson and I asked God to help all my kids know that they are special. And you just prayed that! I THINK he heard my prayer!"

To which Paige responded, "Hmpff, Mom why do you THINK He heard your prayer. I KNOW He heard your prayer."

Well Paige I stand corrected! Thank You Lord for being so real to me and my kids! I love seeing You!

5 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

That is a great story! The Faith of a Child!

christine said...

I love the way you share you kid's personalities & everyday moments with the rest of us. I'm not around kids daily but have been teaching VBS this past week. My kindergartner's comments are HILARIOUS; it's fun to see their little minds working. Thanks again, for sharing.

Leslie Ringger said...

oh, paige, you are wise beyond your years. :)

Erin said...

There's nothing better than our kids' pure, simple, beautiful faith. Thanks for sharing this.

David and Marianne said...

That is my prayer so often...especially with each new child you have!

What a wonderful story to remind you how keenly the Lord listens to our prayers and knows the going ons within our hearts... and how special for Paige to excercise her faith : )

Blog Widget by LinkWithin