I was convicted to step away from the office and be with them but I did not obey! And this is something I've been really working hard on - obedience - my own obedience.
So they were wild; they were fighting; I yelled; they cried. Then I felt bad. I aplogized but I was still frustrated. I started making lunch...honestly I thought all was better until I saw Paige quickly draw a picture and hand it to Raegan.
I smiled and told her "That is so sweet Paige, what did you make for Raegy?" She looked up at me with a sad face and then showed me the picture.
It is of Paige and Raegan - crying. See the tears. And the big sad eyes.
I felt terrible and I truly repented to them. I apologized for my actions, for spending time on the computer when I knew I shouldn't be - for messing up. We prayed together and things began looking up. Then Paige drew another picture.
Not so sad this time but still sad.
So I loved on them some more and tried to be funny! And Paige drew another one.
Raegan was now happy but Paige, well she was obviously still feeling blue.
So I explained to her that we all have to make choices. That Raegan chose to be happy and that I would really like for her to chose that too.
So she drew one more picture.
Now all is well again! And they started saying things like - "You're the nicest Mom in the WHOLE world."
Oh, how quickly they forgive! :) I LOVE THEM!


8 comments:
that is too funny, jami. not trying to boost your pride or anything, but several of your last posts made me laugh out loud...especially your airplane ride with "Scary." :)
love, alesa
Jami that's such a valuable story! It's great you posted it so you can tell it to them later.
Most of all, I think it is wonderful that you are raising a little girl that is so aware and expressive of her feelings.
Okay, if I am still on the computer in 30 minutes, kick me off!
I love your girls - I love how Paige is expressing herself through art already.
Funny story, unfortunately I can relate all to well!!!
This is sooo sweet although I have a really hard time imagining you yelling! lol It sounds like you have wonderful girls and you are a wonderful mom. None of us are perfect no matter how badly we want to be, especially when it comes to raising our children. I think we need to teach them about Grace, Grace, Grace at a very young age!
Thanks for all of your prayers Jami, I am praying for you too.
Love,
Kelley
Girl, if there is a mommy in the word who can't relate to that, I'd like to meet her...and punch her in the face.
Kidding. But really, I hear you. But the story as a whole is simply a beautiful example of how it isn't about whether or not we make mistakes but how we deal with them when they happen.
I never neglect my kids when I am on the computer.
I am totally capable of multi-tasking.
ummmm, okay... I lied.
This sounds like something that would take place in my home.
xo ~ K
Awe, that is so sweet! Well, I identify with you on the computer one Jami. I felt God convicting my heart about this one too a while back. And at this moment in my life (i.e. the summer mostly with work being so crazy), I can't afford to keep up my blog, my emails, or even phone calls at most times. I figure my lasting print will be left forever in my children and how I (thru Christ's leading) shape them, not my friends - even though I love them. I know that when I am gone 9 hours, 4 days/sometimes 5 days a week, my kids need me in the worst way, especially when most days they don't even see daddy. And it is hard, b/c my flesh cries out for me time. I give my time to my husbands career, providing healthy meals in the evening together, my kiddos, and ministering to Erin in her walk. And at the end of the day I am struggling to keep my head above water and I sometimes wonder how I make it....well if it wasn't for Him, I wouldn't. Thanks for sharing! I love authenticy and value it most!
why do i revel in other people's bad mommy moments? i think because it refreshes my soul in knowing i'm not the only one that sometimes messes up. not to say that we shouldn't work on our computer time, but it's still nice to know!
Post a Comment