Monday, June 30, 2008

a new adventure

Happy Monday everyone!!

As mentioned here, recently I've had to make some tough decisions about cutting back on a few things in my life. But God has been so gentle and has filled me with peace about these decisions - it's still sad for me but I have seen His hand and I know that He is directing me. I'll probably post more about this later.

A big part of why I've had to look hard at my schedule is because.............



We are "paper pregnant!" :)


ff


For those of you have no idea what I'm talking about, we just began the process of ADOPTION-again!! We are very excited as we pursue a DOMESTIC ADOPTION!!

God has changed my plans several times and I'm so thankful for that. When we first got married, adoption was NOT in our plan but God changed our hearts and gave us a desire and a passion to adopt.

Our son is from Guatemala and has been such a blessing! We planned to adopt a second little boy from there again. But right now adoptions are not happening out of Guatemala, yet God has placed this desire on our hearts to begin again.

When we first planned to adopt, domestic adoption scared us but once again, God has changed our hearts and we feel excited and passionate about adopting from the states. Lord willing, we will be adopting a bi-racial infant.

I just love the Lord - I love how He gently leads me and guides me - how he opens my eyes in new ways and gives me the desire and grace to obey Him. Saying "YES" has been easy because God has changed our desires and filled us with peace.

We have no idea what lies ahead but we KNOW that He KNOWS. He will carry us through and stay close to us both in the valleys and on the mountaintops.

He promises to in Joshua 1:9 "I command you-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." I take comfort in this verse.

We'd appreciate your prayers as we embark on this brand new adventure!

33 comments:

Rebekah said...

We will be praying for you guys!

Kristy said...

We are so thrilled for you as you begin this new family journey and can't wait to meet your new little one. Hopefully our two impending arrivals will be close in age! : )

Jessica said...

Congrats! We will be praying too!

sarah.flyingkites said...

Wow! That is so exciting...happy for your family!

Brooke said...

Congrats!

christine said...

Congratulations! Praying for God's continued direction as you journey, one day at a time, to your new son or daughter.

On Purpose said...

Yeah Jami, I am so proud of you and your courage...I know it comes from the Lord...but how awesome for you to be obedient and step out in faith! Way to go girl! I am praying for you and your family.

Nichole

Jess said...

Yea Yea Yea Jami!! I am so glad to her this officially!!!! Can't wait to hear more details!!!

Love you guys!

Mama Runner said...

That's so exciting!

Marie Stork said...

So happy for your family! We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers as you begin this journey.

Bekah said...

yay! that is AWESOME! can't wait to pray and walk this journey with you guys through your blog and can't wait to see and meet this beautiful child that the Lord has chosen to be a part of your amazing family. love to you all.

Anonymous said...

Jami- OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I cannot believe it. I just received a bunch of questions concerning fostering & adoption. I will be placing the questions & answers on my blog soon. Wow, we need to talk, eh!!!! Love, J

Mindy said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! We will be praying for you! I know how hard and scary domestic adoption can be but it so dear to my heart since I was adopted. It always excites me when I hear of couples who pursue domestic adoption! Love you guys!

Stacie said...

How Exciting! I can't wait to follow your journey to your new little one! CONGRATS!

Taylor said...

Congrats Jami! Of course I will be praying for you guys! I don't know if I got pulled away for mommy duty or what, but I certainly meant to ask you more about it at the wedding....So, how does this work? Did you get a referral (excuse me if my terminology is wrong, but I thought that is what it was called) for a bi-racial baby or are you and Clint targeting a bi-racial baby to adopt? I can't wait to hear more!!! I loved the last journey, as I am sure everyone did and I am equally excited about this one too!

Emily said...

That is so exciting!

emily freeman said...

Congratulations, y'all! I'm so glad to know now that Domestic is not a country in South America. I'm such a dork...DomESTIC. AHHH....

I think that is so wonderful. I look forward to hearing more during the process.

Whitney said...

Yeah! Praying for you all!

Amber said...

I'm so excited for you all and will be prayerful . . .While I know it can be hard at times to, I admire your choice to slow down where needed and know that God will bless your choices as a family.

love you!

Anonymous said...

That's so great! I love how God calls each one to do something different...I love how he puts the desire in our hearts. It's so great- we'll be praying.

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Congratulations! This is something my husband and I are seeking God on right now too! I can't wait to follow along on your journey to your son!

Andrea

David and Marianne said...

How exciting! I've heard once you bring ONE child home... it's hard to stop : )...I'm so thankful for the spirit of adoption He has placed in our hearts! We'll be praying....

Mrs. Hany said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What an exciting time for your whole family. As always we will be praying for this new ones arrival!!

Anonymous said...

Wow..that is cool!

I would like to adopt a puppy, but I don't think I am mature enough.

ATTN GAY and MARLA:

I know you read this blog, so come to Florida soon! Naples is a little warm right now. 97 degrees with about 92% humidity, but the warmth in my heart is even warmer.

Anonymous said...

Oooops..I guess that would be G-A-R-Y and not G-A-Y.

Close enough, I think they mean about the same thing.

Samantha @ the Listener's post said...

Yay! Congrats! I know He has just the one waiting for you - the child He ordained at the beginning of time to be yours. How fun! I'm looking forward to seeing how He works this whole process!

In Him,
Sam @ theListenerspost.

lifelaughterchaos said...

WHHHAT? ok. this was defintely not in our phone conversation!!!!! I'm dying to hear more! Congrats!

Yea! I'm not the only crazy one going for 4!!!

jajbs said...

WOW!! I just got back from vacation and am catching up. I am so excited for you. I will be praying for your family as you start this new and exciting adventure!!!


amanda

L, Ann and boys said...

sorry so late...but we rejoice with you...yea! =o)

Luke and Ann

Holli said...

CONGRATS on the pregnancy....but i have decided it is more of the paper part is the labor and maybe the waiting will be the pregnancy. So heres to paper labor! :) Praying for you all and for your new little one!

Erin said...

Awesome, Jami! I totally missed your news last week, so here's a belated congrats and God be with you guys. I look forward to following your journey again!

Karla Porter Archer said...

ACK!!! I'm late to the party!!

Yay!!!

Congrats and blessings as you begin this journey.

xo ~K

Blog Widget by LinkWithin