Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fighting the "B" word...

Hey all - I'm participating in Shannon's works-for-me wednesday for the first time. The theme is how to fight the "Mom, I'm bored" syndrome of summer. Mine is not especially creative but it works for us!

It's called, the SLIP-N-SLIDE!


You all remember these don't you?! I remember spending hours on this thing with our friends. My kids don't completely get the concept of how to slide all the way down to the end but still love it anyway! Now a days there are SO many different varieties of this. See here.

I love the slip n slide because it is quick and easy to set up. All you do is attach it to your hose, turn the water on and there you have it - instant fun! :) I get to enjoy sitting in the sun which is an added bonus! When they are done for the day, I just fold it up and set it aside for the next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids were playing on our slip n slide yesterday. They have a blast out there.
Great WFMW!

Kristin said...

I love this idea!!

Hugs,
Kristin

megs @ whadusay said...

I just decided what I am going to get the kids for their birthday! Thanks for the inspiration.

lifelaughterchaos said...

perhaps i need to try one again. i bought one last year and it didn't slip or slide! i put it on a hill...perhaps my kids did't do it right. i'm nervous to get one again. my hubby is a grass nazi. he spent 3 years growing our beautiful grass...he would not be happy to find it a puddle of mud at the end of the day;)

i my secret desire is to get one of those huge blow up waterslides. I ...I mean my kids would have so much fun on that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin