Thursday, June 5, 2008

God is here...

"I command you-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
ff
Our family (extended) has just received some very discouraging news. I don't want to go into detail here but I'll say that what we hoped for and prayed for did NOT come about as we expected. I take courage in the verse above.
gg
No matter what our circumstances, no matter how alone we may feel, GOD is with us. He promises us this over and over in the Bible.
ff
Genesis 26:24 "do not fear, for I am with you..."
jj
Genesis 28:15 "Behold, I [am] with you and will keep you wherever you go."
hh
Is. 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you..."
jj
Is. 43:5 "Fear not, for I am with you..."
hh
Jer. 1:8 "For I am with you to deliver you, says the LORD"
f
Jer. 1:19 "For I am with you," says the LORD, "to deliver you."
ff
Hebrews 13:5 "For He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you."
ff
Here's just a few references...GOD'S promises are TRUE. He loves us more than we can understand and even in times of darkness and pain...He stands with us. I believe this with all of my heart!
dd
Whatever you are going through today, CLING TO JESUS! Even when you can't pray...he knows your heart. He loves you. He created you for His purposes.
dd
"How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You." Ps. 139:17-18
ff
I hope you feel His love and nearness today!

11 comments:

Amber said...

praying for you guys and love you . . .

sarah.flyingkites said...

Thanks for the encouraging verses, Jami. My Bible School story today was about Jesus calming the storm. "Peace - Be Still." How comforting to know He can calm the storms and fears in anyone's life. It really hit home. Praying...

Jessica said...

Great verses...I love how God keeps reminding us again and again in his word, He knows how we need it. Praying and we love you guys...

Kelley said...

Jami,
WHERE have I been? I seem to have missed a lot of your last several posts and it has taken me awhile to catch up.

I am sorry about the news you received but what a wonderful testimony to turn your disappointment into praise. God WILL bless you for that!! Please let me know if there is a specific way I can pray for you, my email address is on my profile.

Take care of yourself and I am really looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks!

jajbs said...

Oh, Sweet Jami, I will be praying for your family. Thanks for sharing these verses and your strong faith. you are a blessing to me!!


love and hugs,
amanda

emily freeman said...

Jami - Ironic how your family hearing bad news can actually be an encouraging post. The Lord sure does things backwards, doesn't he? Thank you for trusting Him and for sharing your faith with us.

I hope to see you at She Speaks. I'm doing the writers track too :)

David and Marianne said...

Thanks for all your encouraging comments and prayers for our trip. We'll be praying for you as you find strength in the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your fam. God knows what He's doing- even when we don't see the bigger picture. We cling to that a lot.

LouLou said...

I am praying for you..... I miss talking to you. Let's chat soon.

love you!

Katie said...

praying for you. love ya

lifelaughterchaos said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your news....hopefully this verse can not only known but FELT by you and your family!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin