Wow - I've never had so many comments in all my life! :) Thank you people!!!!
Seriously - I really appreciate your support and prayers as we start another adoption.
Everything this time is so different.
With Hudson - we got his referral (his photo/info) when he was only 5 days old. Every month we were updated with pictures and info. The wait was so difficult because we were watching our son grow from a distance.
This time we will likely get a newborn baby - potentially pick him/her up from the hospital but we have NO idea when we will get the "Call."
In domestic adoption the birthmother choses you not the other way around. Very likely we will meet her before she delivers. This thought would have scared me when we first started the process with Hudson, because I felt threatened in a way by her.
But through Hudson's adoption - I realized what an INCREDIBLE blessing this women was. How I wish I could have met her - hugged her - and thank her.
Now, most likely we'll get that chance...the thought kind of takes me breath away, whoa!!
I just completed the agency application yesterday so we are in the VERY beginning stages. In approx. 3-4 months we'll be "paper ready" and officially waiting which is a good place to be...a HARD place to be.
But God is faithful and you my dear friends are so supportive - and that means more to me than you will know.
I'll keep you all in the loop as we step forward. Love to you all!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Here we go again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Jami,
We are SO excited for your family and I will be praying for smooth and FAST processing. Meeting our birthmom was one of the best parts of the entire process. I think that one day it may actually be a big blessing for Elle also. You have such a great attitude about it all and I am so happy for you.:)
Hey friend!!! I am so glad I got to meet you and Megan at She Speaks. It really was so encouraging to see your smiling face that has become familiar in bloggy world.
Thanks for your sweet encouragement on my blog! Thanks for sharing your story about what happened in your heart Saturday night and how God spoke to you in such a powerful way. CHOSEN...that is you! WoW, I loved hearing about it.
I can't wait to watch your adoption story unfold again, as we take a similar journey into the adventure of faith.
We just need to get all of our dossier paperwork notarized. We were making progress but my husband is having some health problems that delayed us this week so hopefully we'll get all that done next week and can apply for placement soon. Would treasure your prayers and I'll pray for you too.
Love your blog. I hope to be stopping by more often.
Blessings,
Renee
Wow, I am so impressed by your spirit!
Hudson is absolutely beautiful.
Best wishes in your newest journey.
And thank you for the earlier post from your sweetie's pictures. I have a recent post about that same topic.
Thank you for allowing me to leave a comment. I'm a newbie here and by the way..your blog sure lifts me up! I just thought I would share with you, that I'm a birthmother, and "choosing" the family to parent and raise my daughter was by-far the hardest thing I've ever had to endure. All the profiles, pictures, letters and videos I had to go through was so gut-wrenching. To "pick" someone out of so many that were praying and wanting a child. The only thing I could do was to lay it out ALL to GOD and leave it in his hands. Years later, I still feel like I did the best thing and that my daughter has wonderful and loving parents. Please know that I will pray for you, that GOD will lead you to the most perfect birthmom. Adoption is a loving choice, on all sides of the triad. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment