I thought today was going to start out well. I actually scrubbed the kitchen floor, well the really bad parts BUT on my hands on knees - you can all clap now!
Feeling rather domestically inclined, I started cleaning the kid's bathroom too. This means I did TWO yucky jobs all before 9am. I think I deserve a Starbucks...but that's off the subject.
I quickly realized why these kinds of activities are becoming more of a rarity.
THE CHILDREN.
When Mommy's busy, the children attack...each other! It was ridiculous and I was frustrated. As time passed I realized that we needed to keep moving because I had a very important engagement to keep.
My very very dear friend, Jerelyn is getting married and I am going to be in her wedding! YAY!! Today was the day I got to see and try on my bridesmaid dress.
Oh, it was BEAUTIFUL! Seriously, I did not want to take it off - I meandered around the store in it for several minutes! It was so much fun. What made this even better is that my man, Clint was in that town for work and he took the little darlings out to lunch so I could have some much appreciated, uhhh space.
Then Jerelyn and I had lunch together - sharing, laughing, enjoying friendship. It was glorious!
So all in all, it has been a good day.
And, the bathroom is still clean! Hooray for that! :)
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Morning saved by a husband who ROCKS, a wonderful friend and a beautiful beautiful dress!!
Labels: good friends, life with kids, my good man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You MUST post pics of that beautiful dress after the wedding!
Hey Jami. We've been on vacation and I've missed the blog-you. ;)
It's good to "catch up." I've been thinking about your new adoption lately. I am very excited for you!
Jami-
I didn't know Jerelyn was getting married! I'm so excited! Can you send me an e-mail address for her so I can get in touch. I haven't talked with her in ages. I am also curious to see this beautiful dress. Sounds like fun!
I was cleaning last night and though about how it used to only take me a couple of hours to clean my whole house now it takes me 4 if I am lucky because I have a helper ;). But I wouldn't trade it for the world!!!
Glad you got some quiet time.
Andrea
Jami, this sounds so much like a cinderella story to me!
You on your hands and knees scrubbing, a beautiful dress and a prince for a husband!
May your great day spill over!
And may a Starbucks be in your future.
Oh Nicole that is hilarious!! I never would have thought of it like that but yes, it is quite appropriate!! :)
I am so glad that we get to be involved in her wedding too! And, it comes with the great bonus of seeing you again!
Post a Comment