Monday, July 28, 2008

$1.62!!!!!!!



For those of you who read this blog often, you may have an idea of what $1.62 is all about. For those of you who don't, you may want to click here first. :)


That's it, that all, kaput.


I've been working like a trooper trying to keep in budget this month and I'm actually feeling really good. Tonight Clint and I leave for a few days thus we won't be using the grocery budget!
The out to eat budget, YES but the grocery budget, NO!!


I do have to go to Aldi's to buy milk so I will probably have to take the budget over, BUT it was close - sooooo much closer than I've been in a long time. And it feels good to be disciplined you know.

Thanks for all of your sweet comments and wonderful advice on budgeting. I do want you to know that we really are fine. This was not the kind of "crisis" that we lost sleep over or anything like that. It's really of matter of needing to be more disciplined.


Honestly, I feel very blessed!! We have had some (stressing the word "some") really delicious meals because I had to get creative.

Potatoes, pasta, rice - you really can do a lot with it! And PB and J - gotta love the stuff! :)


So needless to say - our fridge is definitely not abounding but it sure is clean!! :)


By the way, I'll be away from blogland for a few days as Clint and I are going on a little vacation!!


If I have computer access though, I might just have to post! :) Happy Monday!!

14 comments:

Holli said...

hilarious! but it is causing a bit of jealous in england with the big american fridge! Have a wonderful time on your trip...more jealousy!

Janell said...

congrats on staying so close on the budget. I too am jealous of your clean fridge. :) Have a great vaca!

On Purpose said...

Have an awesome vacation!

Jami said...

don't be jealous...it's quite easy to clean when there is nothing in there!!! :)

megs @ whadusay said...

Wow - I have to say I am extremely impressed!

Jess said...

WOO HOO!! Have a great vacation!!!

Nate L. Rennick said...

That was so great! You rock - it is no easy task you assigned yourself too. Thanks for taking a picture of your roomy refigerator. Mine has looked like that often and I feel so sad when I go to my moms house or friend who shops at Sams Club and see it so well stocked. Different seasons we are each in. Thanks for the encouragment that it CAN be done!:) have a fun trip.

Nicole said...

Hi Jamie,

I came over from On Purpose. I have watched everyone of your videos and I was bawling when you met Hudson for the first time. That really touched me heart. Your love for him is so real and special I could feel it. I pray that my family is as beautiful as yours someday...meaning that I believe your priorities are in the right place. I think it's amazing and beautiful that your girls have date night with daddy. Wow, I wish I would of had that when I was a girl, but that's okay because my husband and I will hopefully be doing that with our daughter someday (I do believe I will have a daughter some day, the Lord has shown me that).

Jamie, your heart is beautiful and thank you for letting me see into your world for a few moments. Thank you for your realness...it reminds me to take off my mask!!! Your spirit refreshed me today and for that, thank you!

Love,
Nicole

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Ok, I'm feeling convicted about sticking to budget. I need to focus more in this area, thanks for the reminder! I am visiting from the blog party and I read that you are adopting for the second time! That's great. We have 5 bio children and one adopted from Russia. What a blessing.

B His Girl said...

Hi Jami,

I love that you are trying to stick to the budget. My freezer is full, not because the budget is overflowing. I am not paying attention to what I already have. Your post reminds me I need to step it up and be more mindful of my resources...and actually plan my meals prior to shopping. Organization is not my strength, but it doesn't have to be my downfall. (That's a word!) Girl, God has spoken through you today. I pray God will bless your efforts to be disciplined in your spending. I thank Him also for using you to speak to me. May you have a wonderful vacation. You are precious in His sight. I was about to post this comment and God brought this to my mind for you. Luke 6:38
Give , and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Barbara

Kelley said...

I am VERY impressed with your budgeting skills!!I don't know what is better, the $$saved or the cleaned out fridge. Neither is happening around here.

Have a wonderful time away, I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Samantha @ the Listener's post said...

I think my fridge might look like that if I cleaned out all the bad stuff and got rid of the ridiculous amounts of condiments leftover from youth events! I mean, seriously, how many half bottles of mustard do you need?

But it wouldn't be like that because I was sticking to a budget - more like because I haven't gotten my act together and really gone shopping lately.

Have fun on your get away!

Kathy Schwanke said...

Jami, I am so inspired. We are so used to having all we want when we want it around here (although I still hear a few complaints from time to time...)

To me less food is better-I don't like the prep. Just give me hersheys and coffee...jk

You go girl! and have a wonderful vacation!!

Keep sharing the funny stories. I wish I had written more down. The years go by so fast. I have a few i have told over and over, but the daily ones...forgotten. Too bad I didn't know a thing about a computer back then and blogging wasn't a word!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

You Did It!
Great Job, Jami!

Now, on to the grovery store upon your return - you need some food, girl!

=)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin