Friday, July 18, 2008

First meeting....CHECK!

Our adoption timeline has begun:

On July 8th we had our first visit with our social worker. We also did our post adoptive visit for Hudson at the same time but that's besides the point! :)

We sent in our initial application and paperwork to our agency, Adoption 4 Kids and are hoping to get a call from the director there to set up our first phone interview next week.

I've pretty much completed all the necessary paperwork for our home study update. We have just a few things to finish and then that is done. It is crazy how very little paperwork we have with a domestic adoption. It is wonderful!

Adopting from Guatemala was so stressful in the paperwork department - SO STRESSFUL because literally every "i" had to be dotted and every "t" crossed. It had to be PERFECT! Once the notary signed her name slightly different than how it was labeled on her stamp (like no middle initial) and because of that, we had to redo it.

Every time I sat down to work on that paperwork, my shoulders would tense up from the stress of making sure all was perfect..

But ahhhhh, I can breathe easier as things are so different this time around. We had the Dr. fax one of our medical reports to Clint's work and they stapled it to set it aside. I nearly panicked because this would have been a big NO NO with Guatemala but with domestic, it's all good!

Now I need to start compiling photos and writing a dear birth mom letter. This could be a bit more intense. Oh dear, I feel my shoulders tensing already....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jami- It will be a joy for me to read about your journey. Yes, the Dear Birthmother letter is intense. I waited until I was in a contemplative, kind of emotional mood & then just set down & wrote it all at one time. Luke checked over it for his consent ;).
Sending love your way. Love, J

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I am fairly new to reading your blog and I can't wait to read about your domestic adoption experience. My husband and I are currently praying about starting a domestic.

Andrea

Janell said...

jami-congrats on moving along in the process. glad to hear that this time around is a little easier. although, I'm not sure about that birth mom letter. Wow! You will do great though. Hope things continue to "sail along". :)

jajbs said...

How exciting! I remember all the stress caused from the paperwork and the process itself. I will be praying for you as you write that Letter. I know the Lord will guide you every step of the way and give you the perfect words!!

love ya,
amanda

Jennifer said...

Just had to leave you a comment on this one Jami. The Birth Mother letter----relax..relax..relax :)

In reading the many letters that were presented to me, I looked for personality, the level of contact that we both agreed on, pictures...include lots and lots of pictures..and of course stability both emotional and financial. Have you ever been to parentprofiles.com? Take a look....I'll be praying that you write that perfect letter for that perfect birth mom.

On Purpose said...

You know what I think is so amazing about your adoption journey...okay its not one thing many things...

You are willing to share it with us!

You are being so obedient to God!

God is so blessing you!

Love and prayers!
Nichole

Courtney said...

It has been awhile since I have checked in on your blog. WOW..alot has happened. Love the new look !!!!!!! AND, another adoption. awesome. congrats. Courtney

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Wow. I've heard stories of the details involved in the adoption process. I had no idea stapling or forgetting a middle initial could be so dramatic! We'd contemplated adopting - and then God sent Fussy. So, maybe at another time :)
God's continued blessings on this journey...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin