People!! ONLY 30+ more days until I have to send her, my baby to KINDERGARTEN!! How can this be?
A very short 5 1/2 years ago I held this darling little girl in my arms for the first time.
My 5lb 9oz bundle of love! My firstborn!
My Paige is growing up and all I can do is run with her! This transition has been difficult on me. The thought of letting her go is hard. But that's what parenting is isn't it? It's my job to love her, train her, and prepare her for independence. . . well, truly for DEPENDENCE but on Christ - not me.
The other day I watched a slide show of one of the kindergarten classes in our area. To see these adorable little kids smiling, playing, doing new and fun things filled me with excitement for her.
So it's time I stop feeling sorry that my little girl is growing up and enjoy the ride! Lord, help me to enjoy the ride!
Give me reasons to enjoy this ride, my dear bloggies...please!!!

12 comments:
I'm with you sister! My "baby" starts in 19 days! Aaahhhh!!!! I'm glad we have each other to share stories and give e-hugs to!
Love you!
Sam
I am so glad I have "stumbled" upon your site via a P31 blog. I am always so encouraged by sisters in Christ and reading how He is working in their lives. Your entry about your daughter is so common among parents. I am not a parent yet, but I come from the perspective of the kindergarten teacher! At the school, I work at they have a "kleenex and muffins" table for the parents on the first day of school. There are many tears on the first day...more from the parents though. I love my precious kindergartners! They are so eager to learn and grow. I pray your daughter has a wonderful kindergarten experience and you make it through the day. :)
Jamie--My tears this fall will be for a different reason. You see we are sending off to kindergarten our BABY! It's hard to belive that he is this old already. It seems just like yesterday that we sent Kyler off for his first day of K5. The years breeze by. My tears are not for sadness though. I've come to realize that our children are really such a blessing from above. God has just loaned them to us to further His kingdom. My tears will be for joy that he has blessed us with such a delightful son and we will just pray that he can be that shinning example and light to those he's around and comes into contact with. That they can see Jesus through him. Even though he's such a silly little boy and mischievious at times. I'm sure Paige knows what I'm talking about. He's not like the only other boy in their Sunday School class that is so meek and quiet. He's the rowdy one. :) But we love him all the same! His heart is full of love!
Oh, what a precious post. It's such a blessed journey, isn't it? They teach us soooo much. I hope she is feeling OK after your hospital visit.
My baby is starting kindergarten this fall as well (but we home school, so it's not quite the same:). That is such a beautiful photo of the two of you. Blow that one up....black and white and frame it!! It's gorgeous.
Shucks. I was a mess the first day of PREschool for my two oldest. I stopped for gas and didn't have my wallet with me - only realized after I'd pumped the whole tank full. I BURST into tears to the poor QuikTrip guy about how I thought I was going to be so strong...
My post today is kind of about this. (Although, be aware, it's about those 'big kid talks'... But, Jami, their independence from us is such a blessing too. It's just not OK for them to need us like that newborn or the 2 year-old or...well, eventually those older kids, too. Remember the words: the best is yet to come? Your girls and son and soon-to-be will have a magical childhood. That's what I pray for mine. And it sort of starts that first day of school, but really it's just a continuation of what you've already started in them.
Ha - listen to me. I was a mess when my 3 older kids went off to VBS together and left me with just the baby. I didn't know what to do with myself.
It's just a new season.
Makes me appreciate this one for just a bit longer (like these last 4 weeks of summer...).
Hope you are, too.
(sorry this got so long...)
ah, paigey! don't worry james, i can come over and play whenever you get lonesome.
You can do it Jaime!! What is so neat is that the kids do great. They find new friends, they learn lots of new things, and you get the pleasure of having her come home to you to tell you all about her day. About what she learned, and you will get to see her learn to read (if she isn't already), learn to spell big words, sound them out, bring home crafts they made in art, etc. Its a joy to be on the end of watching them come home excited about their day. Its a bit tough on day one, but what made it harder on me was the fact that he had a kindergarten graduation and I bawled. To think he is done with kindergarten and is growing up so fast. Hang in there girl...it will be ok.
oh and today I asked elijah if he was excited for 1st grade...his response was "yes mommy, I get to meet new people and have more friends"!!!
opps....sorry after I posted I realized I spelled your name wrong. Sorry!!!
ok...I bawled like a baby a few nights before dakota started school. i pulled out the photo albums and everything. i felt so sick in my stomach like i was feeding my baby to the lions!
but he loved it! loved school so so much! and you know what...i grew to enjoy it too! it seemed soooo much easier with just 2 at home. it gave me time to enjoy sierra and christian more and it allowed sierra to practice leadership skills...something she never gets to do with dakota around.
it also gave me hope for the days when all of the kids were in school...i was actually ready to parent when dakota came home from school because i felt refreshed!
there is a silver lining in it...I think the hardest is the 1st one...of course my baby going...uuhg. yea that will be pretty bad.
Oh I wish I had some wisdom here. My youngest is going to Kindergarten next month and I am in total denial. It's possible I will have a complete breakdown as I leave him at the school. I had better have something really good planned or I will spend the afternoon in tears. UH OH! This isn't helping, is it? I'm sorry, I will be quiet now....
You will do great Jamie, you are an awesome mom and you have those other two sweeties to keep you company at home.
Y'all 'r too cute!!! (I'm a northerner too:))
Oh wow, Jami, I never had to do that. I homeschooled my kids their first years in school, but when my baby went in in 3rd grade-IT WAS STILL HARD! Especially sinc I forgot to send him a note that I was going to be picking him up and they were trying to force him on the bus. He was overwhelmed with anxiety. I felt HORRIBLE!!
Fortunately he was not too traumatized by all my failings. He is a fun-lovin' 16 yr old now.
Nothing beats growing faith than a mama releasing her kids at ANY stage.
Truly a little peice of our heart walks around outside our body for hte rest of our life!!
Post a Comment