It all started out fine. We had a good time at swimming lessons today but the inevitable was upon us. We were out of food and needed to hit the grocery story.
Because I'm trying to save a buck or two I go to Aldi's first and then Walmart. As soon as we got into Aldi's, Paige began whining about why Raegan got to go down the slide at swimming lessons and she didn't.
So I did what I had to...NO TALKING PAIGE...not one little sound until I say so. Problem averted...so far. She did get it together but then I heard other questions coming from her lips like:
"What is compassion?"
"Is my tummy ever empty?"
"Why do I not get to go to heaven yet?"
Kid - don't talk like that...it makes me nervous! I'm thankful she is excited about heaven but wow.
The thought of eating as many cookies as she wants and meeting Bible characters like Esther and David have really got her thinking!
Hudson started losing it a bit in Aldi's but I had a few more items I needed at Walmart so we trudged forth! I'm a bit of a dare devil you know. Taking 3 hungry kiddos to TWO grocery stores at lunchtime...ooooohhh quite the adventurer I am!
Needless to say, there was much whining and crying, shushing from a very frazzled mommy and of course a few disapproving looks from my fellow shoppers.
But we're home now. The groceries are put in their rightful spots and the kiddos are in their rooms.
And here in my home, ALL is quiet.
Ahhhhhh. I will enjoy this moment for we all know, it may be ONLY a moment.
Hope your morning went a little better than mine. But if not, take comfort in this verse that I found encouraging.
"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us....encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." 2 Thess. 16-17
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
frazzled mommy in aisle 2
Labels: life with kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
It's the worst when you get not only the disaproving looks, but the wal-mart worker who tells your kid, "no no no...stop crying". That was when I just wanted to dissappear!! Those times bring a lot of humbling! Glad you're home safe and SOUND!!
What a blessing those sweet little children are... right?? I know how frustrating it can be. Mine are older now... but we had our days just like that.
I love that you found your comfort and encouragement in the Word.
Thanks so much for sharing this... God in our daily lives... what could be better??
That is why I avoid grocery stores with my children in tow! :)
I just realized that written, that last comment may have "sounded" a little condescending or "you should have known better" and I didn't mean it like that at all.
I am glad you made it home and were able to enjoy some quiet!
Love ya.
Jami,
I have had a wonderful morning today, thanks to your videos. Quin and I sat and watched all 3 together and we smiled and cried throughout. You are such a special lady and I can't tell you how proud I was to tell Quin, "That's Mommy's friend!" Thanks for sharing them, they are precious!!
Don't worry about the stresses of the store, I get that way too when I am hungry and tired, no one can take me anywhere!lol
Have a great day, I am praying for you and the new adoption!!
Much Love,
Kelley
I feel for you, Anna was soooo bad last night in church. SCREAMING.
oh megan i wouldn't have thought a thing!
Seeing this post makes me feel even more blessed by you! Thank you for the meal that we will enjoy this evening. I know that you had to sacrifice to get it all done. You are such a great friend to us! Oh...and I am so impressed that you braved grocery shopping with all three. I still go alone or with just Macy. Drendon tends to become houdini in the grocery cart straps. =)
if you were here in PA, you would probably have had to step over my screaming child laying in the aldi's aisle!
we've all been there!
Post a Comment