Sunday, July 13, 2008

an UNexpected trip

Clint and I had a lovely date planned for Friday night. Olive Garden for dinner - coffee and conversation after that. But that all changed around 4 pm when I heard something, or should I say someONE crashing down the stairs.

So instead of Olive Garden, we went to the ER with Raegan!


Our poor poor sweet daughter cut herself from the fall and had to get 2 staples in her head! EEEEK! She truly handled herself like a trooper through the whole thing. Clint was right beside her and I rubbed her leg while looking the other direction.

I'm not very good with deep wounds, blood, surgery...anything of the sort.

After the doc was done, I looked up and tried to listen as he explained what he did and how we should care for her wound later. It was at this point when my wooziness started intensifying which caused me to cut the doctor off in mid sentence with "I NEED WATER!"

Then they moved Raegan off the bed so that I could lay down. Ohhhhhhh it was embarrassing! Clint just shook his head at me and laughed because I am so predictable. See here.

When the Dr. came back in, he was like "How's Mom?" Forget about Raegan, the child who actually needed to be in here, it was "how's Mom?"

Fortunately, Raegan is doing great and her cut is healing wonderfully. The only trouble is the fact that she wants "the earrings out of her head now." But other than that, we're good! :)

Happy Monday everyone!!

12 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

So glad Reagan's okay! And that you are too. :)

sarah.flyingkites said...

I don't know if this was supposed to be funny, but I laughed! Although, I am very glad Raegan is okay! Her expression in the top pic is PRICELESS!

Marla said...

Poor Raegan! I laughed, too! So glad we CAN laugh about it.

Love, Mom

lifelaughterchaos said...

i know i should't laugh but i am cracking up! you are too funny!

i sure hope you can get another date night scheduled soon!

Jami said...

Laughter is all good, girls!! :)

Unknown said...

What?? No picture of mommy on the hospital bed? hehehe This story had me in stiches!

Glad everyone is okay!

Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca

On Purpose said...

I was laughing too, which is healing...so that will help Reagan right?!?!

I was actually reading and scrolling down wondering if there would be a picture of "mom" laying in the bed with her cup of water.

Love and prayers
Nichole

Samantha @ the Listener's post said...

I too am glad Reagan's ok!

And at least you didn't try to tough it out and then pass out or get sick because you didn't ask for help. Um, yeah, that's probably what I would have done. So in a way I think that makes you my hero...

Kristy said...

Awe, poor Rae ~ did Mom tell you we had a visit to the ER last week too?!? Abbi & Rae... what'll we do with them?!? :-) Glad she's ok... give her a kiss from Aunt Kristy!!

Jess said...

Oh Reagie we are so sorry you hurt your head!!! Glad you are okay. And we are glad mommy is okay too!!

Jess said...

Sorry Jami, I just realized I spelled REAgie, instead of RAEgie.

I try to spell people's names right.

Of course, I have no idea if that's how you add the "ie" on the end or not. I take it that's more up to interpretation. ;)

Sandra said...

glad you two are ok:) Those stairs can be dangerous...caden did the same only I didn't take him in to the er....just bandaged it up myself. Probably not as big as a cut as reagan.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin