Monday, September 8, 2008

and so it goes...

It happened.

I sent Hudson to timeout and put him in his trusty crib.

A few seconds later I saw him, standing in front of me with a gleam in his eye.

Yesterday was the day Hudson climbed out of his crib for the first time!


I made him go back to his bed to finish timeout.

Then...I told him to show me how he did it! "Good boy Buddy!!"

So much for mixed signals.

So guess what...this boy's moving up in the world! It's time for the big boy bed! A new room, a new bed, a new stage.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I'm saying this! We wanted to move him before baby #4 arrived and now seems as good a time as any.

Maybe not tonight....but soon!

7 comments:

Holli said...

same thing happen to me two days ago(exact!-time out and everything!) BUT we have an extra deep crib that we have never had to close and NOW WE DO! NO way that Gwen will be moving up anytime soon!:) or at least that is what I am hoping!

lifelaughterchaos said...

nooo!

my baby boy can NOT learn to do this! he needs to stay in his crib! this momma loves to sleep in on saturday morning!!

Samantha @ the Listener's post said...

We had the same experience with our first one! Then with the second one it was Big Brother climbing IN to the crib that we had to work around. All that effort to break free and all he wanted to do was be back in there once the baby came! Go figure!

On Purpose said...

I think God created boys with "climbing and adventure genes"


Did your girls every climb out?

Mrs. Hany said...

Jami,
You know I can relate - G-bird was climbing out at 9 months. Once they figure out they can get out it is all over!!! Good luck mama!

Jami said...

I know Paige never climbed out...Rae might have though, can't quite remember!

Megan said...

I keep waiting for this with Mason! I found your blog again ;) Lost a bunch with a computer crash ;( Also...we are adopting again too but from Colombia so we are back in this roller coaster together...I started a new blog for this adoption
www.elsegundoviaje.blogspot.com

Congrats to you and your sweet family!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin