Friday, September 26, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Today I was back in the town where I grew up.

I love this little town but also had to laugh at some of the differences from where we live now.

As soon as I came to the stop, about 1 mile out of town, a work truck turned passed me and what did the driver do? He waved at me...just like we were old friends! I just smiled and thought, home sweet home! :)

As I was leaving my town, I saw an older gentleman waiting to cross the street. I noticed him because he was sitting on a scooter.

not so much a scooter like this...



but more like this one!


Again I say, I love that town! To help you understand just how small this place is, there is no grocery store and not one stoplight!
ff
I graduated in a class of 19 kids with our entire high school totally a whopping 150.
ff
Not that I know this from experience *wink wink nudge nudge* but in my class it was very possible to be in the top 10 of your class but yet still be in the bottom half.
ff
Now, what is this to do for one's self esteem, I ask you?!
dd
Needless to say, I loved growing up in this wonderful little town!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

And now you're a "city" girl! : ) Relatively, I guess. Cute story.

arlan and katie said...

hilarious...so is it easier or harder to judge/become valedictorian?

wink-wink, nudge-nudge!

:) Katie

On Purpose said...

You make me smile and laugh...and I thought I grew up in a small town!!

Flamingo said...

19 kids??!! that will definitely have to be incorporated into your speaking!

sarah.flyingkites said...

Amen, Jami! I love your hometown.

I remember going to one day of school with Leslie, Callie, and Ali when I was in 8th grade. I came home sooo jealous. I would have LOVED to graduate with a class of 24. So fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin