



all pictures from rimcountry.comI'll never forget where I was or what I was doing 7 years ago today.
I was sitting down on my living room floor with a basket full of laundry to be folded. I had turned on the TV to watch the morning show (which was actually quite abnormal for me).
Well instead of a light hearted show, I watched in confusion as a plane hit the world trade tower. My confusion quickly turned to horror and fear as I began to realize what had happened.
I quickly called Clint in a near panic and told him to listen to the radio. Later that day I had to go watch the little girl I was a nanny for. The radio or television was on constantly as I tried to grasp was happening.
No one I knew personally was hurt or killed in the tragedy of 911 and I still felt incredible sorrow, fear, and confusion. I can't imagine the pain of those who were so much more deeply affected by this.
Let's remember... and let's pray for those families today.
How about you? Where were you when you heard the horrific news? How did it affect you?
I was sitting down on my living room floor with a basket full of laundry to be folded. I had turned on the TV to watch the morning show (which was actually quite abnormal for me).
Well instead of a light hearted show, I watched in confusion as a plane hit the world trade tower. My confusion quickly turned to horror and fear as I began to realize what had happened.
I quickly called Clint in a near panic and told him to listen to the radio. Later that day I had to go watch the little girl I was a nanny for. The radio or television was on constantly as I tried to grasp was happening.
No one I knew personally was hurt or killed in the tragedy of 911 and I still felt incredible sorrow, fear, and confusion. I can't imagine the pain of those who were so much more deeply affected by this.
Let's remember... and let's pray for those families today.
How about you? Where were you when you heard the horrific news? How did it affect you?

6 comments:
Interestingly I was listening to your sister's cd as I drove from my parents house to school 75 mins away. When I got there everybody was walking away from the school and someone told me that all classes had been cancelled. Sad...I know. I have been to the sight twice since then and even the last time I was there that steel cross still stood...
I was in Leadership Nursing class my Senior year. I still remember my friend's face & words when she told me. Love, J
Senior Year of Highschool.
I was at the computer not even paying attention to the TV right above me. One of my teachers walked up and started watching the news. I will never forget what he said, "This isn't good." That's when I realized something really bad had happened.
God Bless America!
teaching a class of students
I was at home, watching "Good Morning America" getting ready for work. I couldn't pull myself away from the TV. I was in shock. Such a sad, sad, anniversary to remember. It was the strangest feeling afterwards, not seeing one plane in the sky for those few days afterwards.
I was living in Cinci OH. We didn't own a tv, nor got the paper and I had no idea what had happened to nick called me from work and told me to go to the workout room at our appt complex. I went in there and just sat on the treadmill not moving a muscle. What a day that was and day we will never forget.
Post a Comment