"I’ve learned if I think I have anything to offer, I’m mistaken. It’s not a question of my giftedness, experiences, or knowledge that qualifies me to be God’s disciple.
No.
It’s that I have nothing at all to contribute. It’s when I come to the end of myself that Christ is able to use me.
When I get out of the way, amazing things happen—things I could have never dreamed, imagined, or accomplished on my own.
But that’s God’s plan along.
He wants to make us dangerous women of God. Christ wants full reign so that through us He can do damage for the Father’s kingdom." Micca Cambell
I just read this tonight on Micca's blog and it is exactly what I needed. I have started working again on my bio sheet to hand out to women's groups in the area. Recently I have felt Christ's nudging on my heart to pursue this speaking dream again.
Honestly, I kind of questioned Him like "Are you sure this is the right time?" But I feel like I at least need to step out in faith and then let Him bring the opportunities (if He wants to).
Several times over the last few weeks, I've picked up my Bible to read (not thinking about speaking or asking for His direction in that area) but the words have been flying off the page at me.
"Then said I: "Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth."
But the Lord said to me: "Do not say, 'I am a youth,'For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak." Jeremiah 1:6-7
And twice I opened to I Tim. 4 - two different Bible's, one day after the other.
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
Until I come devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture....to teaching. Do not neglect your gift..."
These verses jumped out at me in a new way and since then have just felt like Christ is saying, "Go."
So I've been working more diligently on a bio sheet and will hopefully be done with that soon. Then we'll see what happens...maybe nothing - it's in His hands.
And I'm thankful for that! I was so encouraged and convicted by Micca's words because it is so easy for pride to seep in and for me to think more of myself than I ought to.
Fortunately, I have a wonderful hubby who keeps me grounded! :) He affirms and encourages me a ton but he is able to help me see my weaknesses as well.
Praise God for a good man! (not that I always feel that excited at the moment, but truly I'm thankful for him) :)
I would love your prayers as I pursue this path; for humility, wisdom, and guidance.
Happy Monday, dear friends!!
Monday, September 22, 2008
It's not about me.
Labels: my speaking ministry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Sounds like He's preparing you sister! Just a little advice - if He starts revealing something to you hidden in His Word, write it down. It may be something He is going to ask you to teach - possibly even sooner than you think!
Wow, Jami! Sounds like a faith stepping/exciting adventure! Keep us updated!
Looking forward to seeing what God does with you!!! Sounds like he's saying to go now!! Praying for ya!
Praying that you will continue to hear the sweet words of the one who created you. Telling you He needs you to share His words with those around you!
Jami, I do hope that you continue on in this dream. If you hear His voice, say yes. I think one of the best things you can do when you are young is step out in faith to be seen by other young women. I believe the hardest group of people to reach are the young ones and isn't it easier to identify (even if just intially) with people close to your age? God will meet you and bless you dear! I will pray for you!
Love,
Taylor
Jamie--I'll keep you in my prayers. I don't know you well, but from what I've seen you seem so bubbly for the Lord. Your enthusiam is contagious! Blessings to you as your pursue this new chapter in life that God is directing you to.
Marie
You girls are so sweet! Thanks for your words of encouragement and prayers. I appreciate it SO much!
You go girl!! I love this post and your heart to follow Jesus no matter where that may lead.
Since i wasn't on the speaker's track, what do you do with a bio? Hand it out to area churches?
sounds exciting!
i'm so proud of ya! i know how scary it is for you....but I am so excited to see where God takes you. and then i will be able to say, "I knew her when" :)
Post a Comment