
Hello friends! I got this idea from Lysa Terkeurst's blog but I wanted to ask my bloggies too!
Now that fall is officially here, it's time to be thinking of those most wonderful recipes that add to this delightful season!
Oh how I love autumn! The crispness in the air, the colors, the sound of leaves crunching under my feet, the smells....ahhhhhhh.
And of course, I love the food!! I want your best fall recipes. I need some inspiration in the ole' cooking department too so please share! :)
I'll start:
Not really a food item but one of my very favorite fall/winter things to make....
DELCIOUS HOT APPLE CIDAR

(this makes a huge batch so if it's just for your family, I highly recommend cutting it in half)
12 cups apple cidar (or juice)
6 cups cran/apple juice
6 cups water
2 1/2 - 3 cups sugar
4 cinnamin sticks
1 TB cloves
Mix, simmer on low, and enjoy!!!
Now, it's your turn!!


6 comments:
I actually left this recipe on Lysa's blog and I know you know it, BUT it is just so good it deserves that kind of accalaide and recognition!
Here is my recipe for Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup:
Ingredients:
1 (6 oz) pkg chicken and wild rice mix
5 c. water
2 med carrots, shredded
2 tsp dried minced onion
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 c. cooked cubed chicken
In large saucepan, combine rice, contents of seasoning packet, and water; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in carrots and onion. Cover and simmer for 5 min.
Stir in cream cheese until melted.
Stir in soup and chicken and cook until heated through.
Yields 6 servings.
I was sitting here thinking...I didn't know that recipes come in categories, such as "fall." :)
Anywhoo...seeing Mego's soup reminded me of a soup that Clint and I eat a lot when it gets cold.
Here goes...
Tortellini Soup
Ingredients (use whatever quantities you prefer)
Cheese Tortellini
Zucchini
Mushrooms
Diced tomatoes undrained (I prefer the blend with Basil, Garlic and Oregano)
Chicken Broth
1 clove garlic
Fresh pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes to taste
Simmer until veges and tortellini are cooked.
Pumpkin Spice Bars
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. ground cloves
Heat over to 350. Grease 15 1/2 x 10 x 1 pan. Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin. Stir in flour, baking powder, connamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and cloves. Pour batter into pan. Bake until light brown, about 25-30 minutes. Cool. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Refrigerate to store.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 pkg cream cheese
1/4 c plus 2 T butter
1 t. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar
Mix cream cheese, softened, butter (softened) and vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth and of spreading consistency.
Enjoy!
Pumpking Bread
1/3 cup shortening
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 2/3 cups flour
1/3 cup water
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp baking powder
Cream shortening and sugar together. Add eggs and mix then add rest of ingredients. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Makes 2 large loaves or 4 small ones.
Since I love every recipe with chocolate even better I usually add about 1/2 to 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips to the batter.
Yummy! I'm going to make this for the kids to eat when they get off the bus. Love the soup recipes that were shared also. And I always love a good pumpkin bar with cream cheese frosting! Fall baking is a favorite along with Christmas baking.
Marie S
Yum- can't wait to try some of these!
I just posted a fall meal on my blog so see there for my recipes. : )
http://kccommunicationwiththeoutsideworld.blogspot.com/
I came over from Chatting at the Sky and I can't resist joining in. Here's a recipe for White Chili:
Ingredients:
1 lb chicken, cooked and chopped
24 oz. great northern beans
8 oz mild salsa
4 oz Monterey Jack cheese
1 box Swanson's chicken broth (I use low sodium)
1 tsp cumin
Put all ingredients in a kettle/pot and simmer one to two hours! Serve with corn chips (I use Tostitos Scoops; no need for a spoon!) and garnish with sour cream and tomatoes.
Hope you enjoy!
Post a Comment