I've been feeling pretty discouraged with our adoption recently. I feel like there are a lot of things up in the air regarding agencies etc. Things are definitely not neat and tidy....in fact I feel completely out of control and unsure of how this journey is going to go.
For one - it seems we are an unlikely family in the domestic adoption world. Most waiting families consist of couples with only one or no children at all. We have 3, so it's easy to worry about that. Fortunately, Clint is not as emotional as I and is a wonderful support to me!
I know that God has in all under control - that His plan is better than any we could come up with. Still, all the unknowns are difficult to face.
I'd really appreciate your prayers. Prayers for wisdom, peace, discernment, AND patience.
Thanks friends, for your support.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
the uncertainties of it all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Jami, thanks for sharing your heart! I was talking with my other friend doing domestic adoption yesterday and the uncertainties and the agency stress are very stressful.
I know it seems like your family is too different, but remember that God knows who your baby and why you will be chosen. When we looked into domestic we heard a lot to not be afraid of the differences in your family, because they may just be the reason a birth mother is drawn to you.
I'll be praying for you sweet friend.
Jami as I type this I should be standing in front the mirror saying this to myself!
Remember God wants you (and me) to be daughters who go by what we KNOW and not how we feel. This is an amazingly hard thing to do.
He has the plan, trust Him to be bigger than you ever imagined!
Praying with you my friend!
Jami-
Just keep trusting in him!!! I think it is so wonderful that you and Clint are adopting again. You had so many ups and down with Hudson and the en result was wonderful. Just keep remembering that. Praying for you daily. Much Love
It is tough!! I will be praying for you. Pray for us too :)! Love, J
i'm so sad to hear you are feeling this way. you have been through an adoption before...just remember that there are ups and downs...this is a down.
you both felt called to this. stay patient. you may end up in a place where you didn't think you'd end up...but for now this is where God has you.
Here's a cyber hug for you!
praying!!
just wanted you to know a family not to far from you with 8 kids just adopted a child domestically. so 3 ain't lookin so bad:)!
Post a Comment