Whew! Tuesday and Wednesday were crazy....CRAZY!
My heart is full of flutteries as I write this! :)
Yesterday I sent our profile (by email) to our agency to review. They gave it 2 thumbs up and so I was able to make the hard copies and mail them out!
You know what this means, don't you?! It means that our profile can now be viewed by birthmothers!
But the most exciting news is the fact that there are a couple of birthmothers due in February...FEBRUARY, I said.
These are birthmothers who have NOT chosen families yet! Can you believe it? Our baby could be born next month!!!!!!
As I write though I must remember that we may not be chosen now and may wait many more months. But a girl can hope and dream a little too right?! I'm trying to guard my heart, but it's getting more difficult.
For those of you who followed Hudson's adoption process, I feel like we're in PGN or sort of like we just got out!! The final step to our child. WOW!
I'm still kind of reeling at the thought. I couldn't fall asleep the other night just thinking it all through.
Let me tell you what could happen next. Once the baby is born, there is a waiting period. This is typically 30 days for the birthmother and birthfather (if he's in the picture) to sign, releasing their child for adoption to our family.
We will not know that we have been chosen until that time period is over. Because we do not live in the state of Alabama (where our agency is), we also have to wait for Interstate Compact. This is just some paperwork that has to be sent from AL to our state before the child can legally leave AL.
So when the phone rings on that most wonderful day, we will have about 5 days travel to AL to pick up our child!!!! That is going to be absolutely amazing! We will not be shown a picture of our child at that time but will have to wait until we see him/her face to face. ~whoa~
Breathe Jami, breathe.
On another note...
Yesterday, I got not one but 2 requests to speak at some area events!!!!!!!!! I can hardly take in all of this excitement at once!
So the plan is:
February 7th I'm going to be speaking at a local adoption fair on where I'm going to share how to prepare for the realities of bringing an adopted child home - adjustments, challenges, and joys!
February 22nd I'm speaking to a group of high school students at a nearby church on Purity!
Wow, Lord! Calm my fluttering heart...
I am truly humbled by all of this and simply blown away. I told the Lord when I began pursuing this speaking ministry that I would knock on doors and then let Him open them. So to see Him swing open these doors is encouraging, exciting, and kind of scary too!
I praise Him that He has a plan for our family and for my speaking ministry. God, You are so GOOD! I am nothing without You, but EVERYTHING to You! Thank You for loving me.
Have a great day, friends!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Okay, I'm blown away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Very Exciting Jami- CONGRATS!! Love, J
got goosebumps reading this, I will be praying for you!
K
wow - what fun news!
jami, that is incredible!!!!!
i COMPLETELY understand your anxiety. i am running to the phone everytime it rings now and it is driving me crazy. we are in the 90th day of our wait for approval...so it could be any day.
there is still a chance we could travel in february. wouldn't that be incredible if we would bring home our babies at the same time??!!!
and congrats on the speaking thing. i know that is probably just as exciting for you! i'm sure you will do fabulous...excited to hear more about it!
He knows just how to win our hearts...doesn't He! Celebrating with you today. For the Jesus Joy that is beaming through this blog today is AWESOME!
Wishing I lived closer so I could hear you speak!!
Celebrating with you!!! Love you lots!
That is really cool. I can totally relate to not sleeping when you are thinking about bringing home a baby, and I'm not anywhere near where you are in the adoption stage! In fact, we actually bought a crib the other day. My house has a crib. Whoa.
What exciting stuff, both the adoption AND the speaking engagements! Amazing! Congrats!
Yay Jami! Just remember "the One who calls you is faithful, and HE will do it!" What an awesome ride you're on!
This IS getting better n better!
GOD is so good!
We are so excited for you and your family. How overwhelming! I think it's wonderful, too, your willingness to step out and share with others what God has done for you! Huge blessings on all that God has laid before you!!
Post a Comment