It's hard to believe but today my baby girl turned 6 years old!! The worst part, Clint and I are in Florida and I can't give her a big birthday kiss and squeeze!!
If you'll remember this past post, we realized AFTER we purchased our tickets that we would indeed miss her birthday. Oooooh!
I dreaded telling her the bad news but she took it well. I explained that rather than just having ONE special day, she would actually get to celebrate more because we will certainly be doing some celebrating when we get home!
As I think about Paige - I just love who God made her to be. She has such a thoughtful spirit. Often I think she is wise beyond her years. She often surprises me with her big questions or insightful comments.
The other day she was telling me that Carter from school is her boyfriend. She has talked about this pretty much from the early days of kindergarten (ever since he gave her a picture that he drew of a "beautiful flower") and I can tell you I don't like it one bit. I continue to tell her that you can't have a boyfriend until your married! (And he of course being your husband!)
That particular day I decided to see if she actually knew what a boyfriend was.
She explained in great detail. "A boyfriend is a boy who you want to be with all the time. He only likes you and doesn't want to be with other girls. It's like you really like him and want to marry him, like tomorrow."
Then she paused and got this look - like something clicked in her mind.
"And....I guess that's why it's not appropriate (appropIate was actually how she pronounced it!)I'm too little to get married now."
I tried to stifle my laughter but couldn't. "That's exactly right Paige. It's not appropriate to even think about right now!"
Oh Paigey - you are quite the girl!
Paige - my prayer for you is that you will always have a sensitive spirit and soft heart. That you will look out for the underdog and love the people God places in your life. I pray that you will continue to have a zest for learning and most importantly that you will have an insatiable desire to learn more about Jesus and serve Him wholeheartedly. I love you my sweet SIX year old!!
Happy Birthday baby!
If you'll remember this past post, we realized AFTER we purchased our tickets that we would indeed miss her birthday. Oooooh!
I dreaded telling her the bad news but she took it well. I explained that rather than just having ONE special day, she would actually get to celebrate more because we will certainly be doing some celebrating when we get home!
As I think about Paige - I just love who God made her to be. She has such a thoughtful spirit. Often I think she is wise beyond her years. She often surprises me with her big questions or insightful comments.
The other day she was telling me that Carter from school is her boyfriend. She has talked about this pretty much from the early days of kindergarten (ever since he gave her a picture that he drew of a "beautiful flower") and I can tell you I don't like it one bit. I continue to tell her that you can't have a boyfriend until your married! (And he of course being your husband!)
That particular day I decided to see if she actually knew what a boyfriend was.
She explained in great detail. "A boyfriend is a boy who you want to be with all the time. He only likes you and doesn't want to be with other girls. It's like you really like him and want to marry him, like tomorrow."
Then she paused and got this look - like something clicked in her mind.
"And....I guess that's why it's not appropriate (appropIate was actually how she pronounced it!)I'm too little to get married now."
I tried to stifle my laughter but couldn't. "That's exactly right Paige. It's not appropriate to even think about right now!"
Oh Paigey - you are quite the girl!
Paige - my prayer for you is that you will always have a sensitive spirit and soft heart. That you will look out for the underdog and love the people God places in your life. I pray that you will continue to have a zest for learning and most importantly that you will have an insatiable desire to learn more about Jesus and serve Him wholeheartedly. I love you my sweet SIX year old!!
Happy Birthday baby!

3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAIGE!! Have FUN spending it with Grandpa & Grandma!!! =) WE LOVE YOU!!
U Chad, A Kristy, Kels, Josiah & Abbi!!
So sweet!
She is a SMART girl! Cute story!
Happy Birthday Paige - I can't believe how big our baby girls are getting!
Post a Comment