Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thank you very much, Mr Spellcheck!

It was not all that long ago when I realized that there was a spellcheck...even on my blog! Isn't that great?! :)

I always kind of prided myself on my spelling ability (that's a problem right there, now isn't it?!) It was the one subject in grade school that I really got or so I thought! I was always rather sad that "spelling" wasn't included in our High School curriculum, I could have gone far with that one!

Several months ago, I took a little spelling test and I realized that sadly, I am not the A+ speller that I once thought. In fact, I frequently misspell MANY of the commonly misspelled words!

All this to say, I am thankful for the little ABC button that takes all my little mistakes away.

There is a problem though.

Simply put, Mr. Spellcheck has become a crutch in my life. There are a few words that I just haven't taken the time to get right.

Words like privalege or is it privelige or privalige or what about definately or would it be definitely???

How about you, are there any words that you commonly misspell? Do you have any fancy tips on how you remember those tricky words??

(Oh, this is embarrassing, I just clicked spellcheck to see how I did on my words. ALL three privileges were spelled WRONG! This is why I will continue to spellcheck!)

Have a grand Tuesday my friends!! I hope you find more meaning in your day than you just read in today's post! :)

7 comments:

emily freeman said...

Definitely is difanitely my worst word to spell. And every time I type the name John, it ends up JOhn. What?

sarah.flyingkites said...

Surprise/Suprise

I have a hard time with this one...not sure why...?

I LOVE the spell-check too!

Taylor said...

I remember teasing my dad like crazy as a kid that his spelling was so horrible. But as you get older the good spelling fades and yes, I am him now!! God has a sense of humor! Anyway, I mispell words all the time - i figure if it is leisure, I just don't care, but if it is for work, I carefully check and re-check. That's my 2 cents! Welcome to the club, ha, ha!! ;)

Sandra said...

I use to misspell definitely all the time...but now I never misspell it as this is how I remember it....
def-in-it-ely there are two words in it that are common words.

in and it. See if that helps any:)

sarah said...

resturaunt? restarant? resturant? that one always gets me

On Purpose said...

Praising God that we don't have to be perfect spellers...and that someone had the intelligence to invent spell check!!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

hahaha! I L.O.V.E. dictionary.com!!! I use it almost every day! That, and the Thesaurus!

Also, I L.O.V.E. your header - and I totally stole your "Winter Edition" idea. Your photo is gorgeous, and the idea of Winter Edition sounds so...professionally beautiful...that I had to have one, too!

Thanks for the inspiration! And your honest heart ;)

How's the exercise class coming?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin