Dear friends, I’ve had so much on my heart that I want to express to you. I’ve attempted to write them without success, leaving many unfinished blog posts recently but I’m going to do my very best here and now.
I believe that every Christian can experience abundant life here on earth. That is one where we can find purpose and meaning in the every day.
One where we can live with the assurance that we are loved deeply and personally by the One who created us - regardless of how we feel.
One where we can make a difference in the lives of others.
Our God longs for a personal relationship with us. I’m not talking about that initial commitment to Jesus (which is critical) but instead taking it far beyond that.
It is possible to experience God – to feel His presence – and SEE Him working every single day!
In order to experience Him, we must spend time with Him, reading His Word and communicating with Him.
Do you talk to God throughout the day? Do you go to Him when you're angry, hurt, frustrated, or just worn down. Do you praise Him for the small and big blessings of your day?
Things such as a great parking spot close to Walmart on a rainy day, a good errand run with the kids, a sweet phone call from a friend, a tall white chocolate mocha from Starbucks, sunshine, little green sprouts that give signs of warmer weather to come, and on and on it goes.
He wants to hear from us. He treasures us!
We must be willing to trust Him more than we trust ourselves. To say yes to Him in the small and big ways. He calls us to deny ourselves, to take up our cross daily, and follow Him. (Matt. 16:24)
The more you say yes in obedience to God, the more you will see Him, experience His faithfulness and His love. The more you experience Him, the more you will trust Him and the easier it becomes to say YES again.
The more you experience His love, the more you will want to share His love. You will see others with new eyes and you will find purpose in the everyday – regardless of where He has you in your life.
I’m talking about RELATIONSHIP…real authentic, vibrant relationship with Jesus.
He says, "If you love me, obey my commandments." (John 14:15)
He calls us to a high standard, my friends, but I believe He does that because He knows that until we die to our selves (not just once but many times over) and live in obedience, we will never experience the ABUNDANT life that we were created to live!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Abundant life - do you want it?
Labels: life lessons, my speaking ministry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thank you for posting this. I find myself in that struggle to learn to really give everything to him and stay constant in my readings and talks with God. I am also struggling with the face I work 5 days a week and really feel I should be home, but not sure how...need to have some big conversations with God on that one.
Amen Sister!
Post a Comment