Come celebrate the moment with me. Not what will be or what is to come, but what is real and true this day: the messy, the lovely, and the unexpected.
These words are from my friend Emily at Chatting at the Sky. Today I want to tell you about a gift that I received the other night. If you want to join in on the celebration, just click on the link above.
Sunday night ended the weekend spent with our cousins, one where we had lots of fun but not a lot of sleep. Clint was gone for the evening with his high school students at church and I had to teach a class at the gym so I took the kids to my parent's house.
After class I ate dinner with my parents and then got ready to take my kids home. We were all tired - Mom, Dad, me, and the kids. The kids were literally falling apart right before my eyes and I also was trying to hold back the tears. I was simply exhausted...exhausted and irritable.
All of a sudden my Dad wrapped his arms around my slumped shoulders and said "You're a good mom!" Then he kissed me on the cheek.
I was kind of surprised and uttered a quick "thanks!" but later as I was driving home, tears filled my eyes.
Good tears.
I was still exhausted but I felt SO loved. So loved and appreciated.
Loved not only by my earthy father, but also by my Heavenly Father.
I called my dad today and told him just how much that meant to me. And yes, again there were tears in my eyes.
9
Good tears, of course!
Thank You Lord for giving me my dad. I am so blessed.

11 comments:
Sunday WAS a long day Jami . . .I empathize. ; )
I think your dad was right though. :)
Awww. He's a good daddy. :)
Now THAT is a sweet, noteworthy moment. What a reason to celebrate. How many times have all of us moms felt that way and we just needed some words of encouragement from a Father's voice? I love this post. Thanks for linking up, Jami.
tears here, too! How special...
What a blessing! And now you have it captured here on your blog to remind you in the moments when life gets a little too rushed. I came over from emily's. Kelly
it is a blessing to have a great dad. We girls always love our dad's hugs ;0)
What a beautiful post :-)
First of all my friend you are adorable in that picture...and that has not changed! You are such a beautiful person inside and out...I am one lucky girl to have met you! And I have to second your daddy's opinion! Being tired and exhausted is a 'side effect' of a mommies love and devotion! You keep on being what God created you to be...an awesome woman of God and I am praying that He will continue to fill you with His strength to do it!
OHH that's amazing!!! You do have an incredible dad! It truly is a gift!
Hope you all are feeling better.
We need to talk Memorial Day soon. Let me know if you guys will still be able to go or not (as much as you know now). Oh I hope so, my heart wants a Jami hug SO BAD!!!
So powerful to receive that blessing from your Dad!!
what a sweet daddy! both of them!
Post a Comment