Monday, April 13, 2009

So there's this computer.


The other day Clint and I were on a date - a date that ended up in Best Buy.
f
Clint's suggestion, not mine.
d
But he got me in there by suggesting we look at the laptops and wireless routers. Now to an avid blogger - those 2 words were music to my ears!

I actually said, "I probably shouldn't go because it's going to make me greeeedy."

While there we found THE laptop for me. The price was quite right and there was a cute little design on the front. The laptop I'm using now is incredibly old and has to be plugged in at ALL times otherwise it just shuts right down.
d
I don't really NEED a laptop as we still have our desktop but it would be great so Clint and I sat around last night and figured out that if I save my paychecks from babysitting and teaching at the gym I could buy myself this beautiful little white laptop in 2-3 months!
d
But God had another idea.
d
As I was reading the Bible last night I came across these verses. Chap. 10:8-9 "...Give as freely as you have received! Don't take any money in your money belts - no gold, silver, or even copper coins."
d
Reading those words, my mind immediately went to the paycheck that I get from the gym. I felt Him saying "You need to give that money to Me."
d
Are you serious Lord? What about my computer? I looooved that computer. I had a plan.
d
But I knew in my heart, He was asking me to obey - to say yes.
d
And so I did. I said yes - and I said goodbye to my computer (at least for now). I told Clint, maybe the Lord will drop off a little white computer on the doorstep wrapped in a red bow, just for me! Now, He might....but I'm not going to hold my breath. :)
d
I don't know how long He will ask me to give Him my paycheck - it's all His anyway, isn't it? I do know that I am excited as today He's already filled me with an idea of where He wants me to give it!
d
I also know that earlier last night I told Clint that I want to loosen my grasp on stuff, that I don't want to be consumed by it. The Lord knows that I struggle with this - He knows that those paychecks of mine do often consume me - what, hmmm what should I BUY next - is my thought each week.
I needed to let go.
d
Friends, I have to say there is complete freedom and joy in just saying yes. Complete freedom that is, when I focus on HIM.
f
Unfortunately, it's so easy for me to focus on what I'm letting go of and it's in those times that I lose perspective and feel that greed, that longing for more well up inside of me again. (Which is precisely why He is calling me to deny myself.)
f
I don't want to live like that. I want to live with my hands open to Him - to trust in His plan over mine. I want to experience Him more!d
f
Lord, keep my focus on You!!
df
What is He asking you to say yes to today? Go for it, friends! Take the plunge. He's got a PLAN for each one of us - and He needs our participation!
df
As for the winnerS of "Uncommon Woman."
f
KIRSTEN!!!
d
and

NICHOLE!!!
f
I'm so excited for you girls!!

3 comments:

Clint said...

So...our date on Saturday night ended at Best Buy too :)

Love ya!
Alesa

Mrs. Hany said...

SO PUMPED TO READ THIS BOOK!!! Thank you so much!!!

On Purpose said...

Uh-oh this might be even more convicting if I have to read the book...HA!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin