Friday, April 24, 2009

She's on to us!

Over dinner Clint and I were toying around with the idea of taking the kids out for ice cream. So as not to get their hopes up we didn't tell them but instead spelled out our conversation to each other.
d
It went something like this.
d
It probably would be F. U. N. if we went O. U. T. What do you T.H.I.N.K??d
c
It was then that Paige decided to speak up.
d
D. A. D.?!

With the sudden realization that she was spelling back at us - we immediately stopped our conversation.
v
So she went on.
x
I L. O. V. E. Y. O. U!! :)
v
Enjoy your weekend friends!

8 comments:

Marla said...

Way to go, Paige!

Love, Grandma

Kristy said...

Ha ha! That is funny! You know, someone at church told me after their kids learned to spell, they switched to German.... until their kids took German in high school, it worked. My German (or any foreign language) is nonexistent but it's a good idea, I thought!

Anonymous said...

t.o.o.f.u.n.n.y! and s.o.s.m.a.r.t =)
hope you all enjoyed your i.c.e.c.r.e.a.m! teresa c.

Tami said...

that's a really cute story! it's so cute that she loves her dad so much.

On Purpose said...

Have a fun weekend, with your awesome family!

smw said...

isn't it sad when the spelling no longer works? i usually try to think of hard words and spell them REALLY fast these days. :)

Anonymous said...

We have discovered the same problem at our house. =(

Carrie said...

Oh I love this; how funny!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin