Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Excitement in the air!

Don't forget to enter to win the giveaway here!

Hi friends, I just have to share!

Yesterday I got a phone call from Karen at my agency! There is a birthmom (due in June, early June) who is going to look at our profile!!

Karen called because this BM wants to meet the adoptive couple PRE-birth. That's 2 months or less from now!

We do not know if baby is a girl or a boy but we do know he/she is biracial.

This is the 2nd birthmom to look at our profile (that we know of), obviously we have no idea if this sweet girl (23 years old) will choose us but I can tell you I have such a love for her already.

Karen said, "Jami I wanted to tell you about this birthmom because I think this situation would be a good fit for you." I'm not sure exactly why but I'm SO VERY excited about the thought.

I told my mom that this moment may be forever ingrained in my memory (that is if this is our child!)

The phone rang, it was Karen. Honestly I didn't assume anything because last time she called, it was nothing about a baby. I was pretty calm - feeling peaceful about whatever she was going to say. As she started talking though, I began shaking slightly and started pacing. She wanted to tell me some information about birthmom's situation and asked if I had a pen.

I knew there was one in my nightstand and quickly grabbed it and an old readers digest to scribble on. She began talking and I began furiously scribbling down notes on the "Last Laugh" page of the digest hoping to get every detail. My heart was racing as I finished up the conversation with her. Immediately I called Clint - who couldn't talk right away so I called my mom who I believe squealed with excitement!! :)

To think, our story may be unfolding this way. It is of course differently than I expected. R

Remember I thought we'd get the call and that would be the first time we'd find out that we had been chosen. Now we may be meeting our dear birthmom - maybe in the next 2 months!

Wow, Lord I wrote over and over in my journal.

I will continue to hold my hands open to the Lord. I am really at peace...really I am. I feel surrendered. I know that if this is our child, our child...as I write this I am trying to swallow the big lump welling up in my throat. Wow, Lord.

Like I was saying, if this is our child I would be SO very excited but if not, I'm trusting. He knows - I love it that I can live safely and securely in His arms.

Even if we get the blessed oppportunity to meet this birthmom and then she changes her mind, I will trust. I know that if we meet her, there is more opportunity for heartbreak but what an opportunity to share the love of Jesus with her!! You know that could be the only reason God would have us do that. I don't know. Maybe nothing more will come of this and God can teach me lessons through this too.

Either way, I am resting safely in His arms of love.

Praise God!

Will you pray for this birthmom, will you pray for this baby? Will you pray for us?! :) Thank you dear friends!

17 comments:

Holli said...

PRAYING!!!!

Sara said...

Praying that God's will be done, that the BM has peace about her decision, praying for the best for this child, and praying for your heart. I sure hope that this is the child for your family...I can tell you are SUPER excited!

On Purpose said...

You know my favorite part of this post...is your heart that is beating so in beat with His!

'the opportunity for you to share the love Jesus with this birthmom'

Oh Friend...I am so excited for you to do just that! That has eternal purpose written all over it. I love you and am praying and knowing He is working out all the details....The PERFECT DETAILS!

Jess said...

Oh Jami! I am so excited for you!!!! Yea! Yea! Yea!

I am looking forward to seeing how this story opens up for you and the rest of your family (which may include this baby!!!). Any birthmom would be so blessed to know how much you are already in love with this child!!

Praying for your heart and your story sweet friend!!

Kelli said...

I can feel the excitement!! I'm so happy. God is amazing!!

smw said...

how exciting. i'm so glad you are at peace with whatever happens. i will pray that it continues.

Linda Schuhmacher said...

Jami,

How wonderful. My prayers are with you & Clint.

Blessed Mommy said...

so exciting!!!! we'll be praying!!

Bekah said...

I had a lump in my throat reading this post. Just the other day I was thinking, "I don't know if I have enough in me to adopt more children." But I know that the Lord will give us the strength that we need when He is ready for us to adopt again. We are praying for you guys and this birthmom and the child being knit together inside of her.

Lelia Chealey said...

Hi Jami! I met you at She Speaks last summer, I was with Kelley from Kansas or Aroma of Joy blog. :)
Saw you on Lysa T's blog and just thought I'd say hello. So neat about the birth mom. It will all work out if this is your baby from God. How very exciting. Love your faith!!
Thanks for sharing this with us.
Blessings,
Lelia

Marie Stork said...

God is amazing and I'm praying for you!

Leah said...

'Smile' (That is me smiling) :) So, looking forward to hearing what God does with this. Praying for you all!!

Sissy said...

Jami! That is so exciting! Have you read my blog lately? A birthmom chose us on Friday and she is due in May. In MAY! Early MAY. Wow. We meet her on Wednesday and it is a little nerve-wracking.

I'll pray for you if you pray for me. We can be in this together and support each other. I hate to think that the birthmom could change her mind (in either of our situations) but I have to trust that He has my best interests at heart. Such good news.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jami, I will pray!! I'm excited to hear this news!
Christa

Carrie said...

Jami,

This post has touched my heart so, and I am praying for you and your family, this precious birth mom, and God's little miracle waiting to be born.

Blessings and Peace,
Carrie

Jill said...

Very exciting! We will pray!

Kristin L. said...

Praying for you, Jami...and your sweet little family!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin