Monday, April 20, 2009

It's no fun to be sick!

Coughs, sore throats, running noses, fevers, 3 dr. visits, 4 different antibiotics due to 2 ear infections, 1 sinus infection, 1 child with walking pneumonia = 1 tired mama!


It has been quite the April, can you tell?! I want to open up all of our windows and air this place out!

It's easy to complain when I'm sick or when I have sick kids but I have felt the Lord saying - "That's enough, Jami. You have much to be thankful for."

There are so many people who are truly hurting. It may be from:

*a chronic or terminal illness
*death of a loved one
*major marriage or family struggles
*addictions
*depression
*and on and on it goes

I was reading in Ps. 56 today and again I was put in my place.

Listen to what he was dealing with in vs. 1-2 and 6

"Oh God have mercy on me, for people are hounding me. My foes attack me all day long. I am constantly hounded by those who slander me and many are boldly attacking me." Later on, "They come together to spy on me - watching my every step, eager to kill me."

Yes, I have a lot to be thankful for.

So, I feel like the Lord is putting a loving arm around my shoulders and saying "Jami, I know you're tired and I know you're grumpy but I'm here...right here. And there are a whole lot of people who are hurting. Start praying for others. Take the focus off of yourself and turn it to others. Leave the rest to Me."

I just love Him - don't you?!

(And friends, I would absolutely be happy to pray for you. Let me know if you have a specific request - you can comment or email me.)

1 comments:

Katie said...

Jami-
I read your blogg daily and never have a chance to comment- BUT I must tell you- YOU are such a GODLY person, you inspire me!! I really enjoyed eating lunch with your kiddos Sunday,you have three lovely children and you are a good momma!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin