I'm happy to say - I'm excited about Kindergarten!
Tonight we went to Paige's school for the Kindergarten mixer. We walked all over the school and met some of her classmates. Unfortunately, the teachers were not in but we talked to one mom whose son had Paige's teacher and she spoke very highly of her!
I have to admit though, I felt some sadness as we walked through the halls. And even as I write this, I have a bit of a pit in my stomach. I just can't believe that we are at this stage. Life keeps on moving by!
I was talking to my sister Megan the other day and we both decided that we need to enjoy each phase because time will not stand still. If we choose to dwell on the negative, we will miss out on the joys of today.
God truly is faithful as I feel more excitement than sadness regarding this next stage. Sure there will be new challenges but there will also be new joys!
I'm not sure how I will feel on Friday as it is her first FULL day, but I've already made plans to get my hair cut and spend some time at my mom's with Rae and Hud!
So, I step forward in faith that God will take care of my little girl.
He's got big plans for you Paige and I can't wait to watch them unfold! I love you baby!

4 comments:
UGH! She is SO ADORABLE!!!!! Looks like her mommy ;)
It makes me miss you too to think back to Guatemala! If only we had known the friendship that would develop when we were standing at the pool afraid to ask eachother if we wanted to share pizza! I am going to post pictures of us in the next few days!!!
I am so glad God has encouraged you about Paige and school!!! She is going to do so well!! And so are you!!!
I'm sure she'll do great. She's such a cutie pie. =o)
Thank you for reminding me that the stages are quick and time is better spent to focus on the positive...even when its hard to do!
I am praying for courage and strength for Friday for you! I feel blessed to watch your journey...knowing I will be going through it next year!
She is beautiful. But she'll always be your little girl, even when she's 21, like mine.
Post a Comment